Prospect Park Sues ABC Over ‘One Life To Live’ & ‘All My Children’ Licensing Agreement

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Depends on if they had to name Todd, Starr and John in these particular contracts because they were PP property licensed to them. It's not usually done, but with a case like this - has there been one?

• Members

Everything I have ever heard - which could all be scurrilous bullshit, admittedly - suggests PP wanted to negotiate, and GH wanted to run for the hills and create new characters immediately to lock them in. They didn't want to negotiate at all.

How do you know that?

• Members

To you because you are for some reason are pro-ABC.This is a legal dispute which has nothing do with who is "looking worse." It is about property, money and profit. Unless there is some secret legal contract out there, PP clearly has solid legal ground, but there is no way that it has the finances to push the lawsuit. Ultimately, PP and ABC will settle.

• Members

And yet they said nothing? PP licensed the characters to GH for a year, and if at any point, they didn't like what was happening, they could very easily reference this agreement. My guess is that PP didn't think OL was getting off the ground and was going to offset the outgoing expense (Licensing Fee) with the incoming income from the 3 characters.

That said, they were so unhappy that GH breached this agreement that they went into negotiations with ABC/GH a year later?

• Members

Absolutely. It seems obvious as others have said, that PP were willing to go with all of this--they really prob don't care about Cole and Hope at all--and play nice to keep ABC in their good graces and willing to share or part with the characters. Now that ABC isn't they're going over EVERYTHING ABC did that was questionable as revenge or sour grapes, when really they were willing to just ignore it.

Archived