Prospect Park Sues ABC Over ‘One Life To Live’ & ‘All My Children’ Licensing Agreement

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Mine as well. I'm with NBA. PP got the characters back, if not the actors. Ergo, just recast and move on.

Oh, and about the complaint that GH effectively and inexplicably killed off Cole, Hope and Tomas? It's called "soap opera," gentlemen. No body, no death.

• Members

Just because I'm seeing it different does not mean I'm pro-ABC. Are you pro-PP? If you are wronged, you don't go into negotiations with the wrong doer and ask for something else. PP needed the performers cooperation and was looking to ABC/GH to make that happen. When that failed, they have damages? What a crock!

• Members

Normally I'd agree. Unless they were explicitly told they wouldn't be making those kind of moves without consultation. If GH did bend or break that usage agreement, then who knows.

GH figured they could win any conflict over the actors or characters using the sympathetic, insular and cloistered soap press and not have to do anything but bluff their way through in spite of whether they were in breach of an agreement. That is lousy, but I just don't know if it is legally enforceable.

• Members

Everyone what I have heard is Jeff kwatinez who has managed big Hollywood celebrities is a real tough guy he is the one who wants to see abc pay for there breach of contract. I have heard he's a bit of a tough guy douchebag but abc deserves something they cancelled our soaps. I don't think abc ever thought pp would get this up and running and the rights would be returned to them. I think that's what shocked them.

• Members

They also didn't have the rights to muck with Tomas in any way.

I just tend to think it's a little of both from both sides - PP is being over the top and histrionic, but GH and ABC also assumed they could say one thing and then do whatever they wanted, because they got these guys and the most vocal fans/bloggers behind them, and this thing will never happen, so !@#$%^&*] it, right? And their arrogance and attitude about it is what perturbs me.

• Members

This does make me realize how complex it all is--what about characters like Skye? Did they have to specifically mention their fate in the contract, or can they have a fight about her too, if they want? :P

I haven't seen that anywhere except for, as Vee said, whispered gossip. Frankly I think the performers mostly seemed fine going wherever--if they had wanted to go to OLTL I don't think ABC/GH would have behaved any differently than if they didn't.

• Members

You are assuming PP placed limits because they are now saying they did. Sorry, I don't believe that. PP was negotiating with ABC/GH up until about 6 weeks ago and didn't demand Cope be resurrected? Even if the negotiations to share the 3 were successful, there was no importance placed on the dead 2 until now. If GH had an initial agreement to give PP consulting privileges, why not get the ending they wanted? Why allow all 3 to leave being madly in love with major GH characters? So I don't think what many want to believe was in that agreement really was.

Archived