Prospect Park Sues ABC Over ‘One Life To Live’ & ‘All My Children’ Licensing Agreement

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Some of the actors knew in the summer, and I think if the actors (always the last to know) knew then the network and GH had to know something before then. They were definitely informed in the fall. Yet they did nothing. I just don't think GH wanted to acknowledge it or accept that OLTL could be restored without Ron and Frank - they believed their own online hype. That much is on them, as is flouting the terms of the usage.

I really don't give a [!@#$%^&*] about it until and unless it can be proven that within legal rights, they did in fact violate some sort of control or use terms. It wouldn't surprise me at all, but it also wouldn't surprise me if they didn't and it's too murky to call.

• Members

It's all part of negotiations after the licensing agreement of the 3 was to expire. GH wanted to keep the 3 characters, PP said only if we get to share them and have story input. ABC/GH said "bad idea" and tried to negotiate visits of the characters to LV. That went south, so ABC/GH made the decision to use the performers they had under contract in different roles. No breach there.

My apologies. It's not my intent to antagonize you or anyone else. I'm more than happy to continue this conversation with you.

If I want to keep my response short and sweet, I will still use the word "baseless" but it won't be in insulting caps. Does that work for you?

• Members

But - if they had them, against typical practice, under contract specifically in roles that had to have been very specified under the terms of the licensing agreement, for three years when those characters were only licensed for one year, that is a potential problem.

And you're assuming story control was only a factor recently. No, this recent snafu is just the first time we've heard of it. It is entirely possible they were promised story control and sold a line about how the characters would be used last year, only to turn around and discover this had gone on while they were getting capital and starting up. I can see PP being willing to be amicable about the morass so long as they got a fair shake at the negotiating table, but if not, here we are.

And it's fine if you find it baseless - it may well be. I just don't see a point in repeatedly posting it to me and others like some sort of mantra; you already said so once.

Archived