Prospect Park Sues ABC Over ‘One Life To Live’ & ‘All My Children’ Licensing Agreement

• Members

I am the furthest thing from a lawyer, but signing them for three years (if they did) may well have been a problem to begin with - these actors were signed for specific characters that were intellectual property owned by another entity which had only been leased to them for one year. I would think that would have to have been covered in the contracts.

The other issue of cooperation is whether GH bothered to entertain the idea of any collaboration at all. I think they expected to just keep their piece of OLTL indefinitely.

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
That article didn't say he was. It said "effectively" killed off, which is what GH did by hinting that he was in fact Lorenzo. BUT they did leave that open ended without ever confirming that the two were one and the same. Its still a dangling plotline. I really hope this isn't the reason why he isn't on the cast bc it would be easy to just say it wasn't true and the resemblance is a coincidence

• Members

Lastly added to original article

Prospect Park also claims ABC breached the two side’s licensing agreement by refusing to hand over to Prospect Park the URLs for the two soaps the company had purchased, onelifetolive.com and allmychildren.com. “These URLs are not only critical to establishing public awareness for the re-launch, but they are part of the rights paid for by Prospect.

• Members

If they hadn't licensed Tomas, then they (GH) do have a problem. They also have a problem if they flouted the approval rights, which I bet they did - but PP only took notice now.

A lot of the rest of it reads like an angry OLTL fan to me. Did I agree with everything they did? No. Does that give me a basis to take it to court? No. They may well have some legal standing here in terms of story approval, etc., but I question the wisdom of bothering with it at this point. It just seems like a punitive action since GH tossed the negotiations. GH was being a bag of dicks. Take what you have (Roger Howarth, probably for more), maybe secure access to Alderson and Easton for the future, and let it go.

Archived