Prospect Park Sues ABC Over ‘One Life To Live’ & ‘All My Children’ Licensing Agreement

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Something that PP agreed to and was paid for it. PP's mistake is that they went into negotiations over sharing the characters and that didn't work. They simply should have said the characters come back as of 03/xx/13 - THE END. Instead they wanted the actors/performer more than they cared about the characters.

This looks like sour grapes to me.

• Members

That doesn't mean anything. It could well be a legitimate complaint and they may or may not have done something deliberately brazen re: the actors or characters, which are intellectual property. Nothing would surprise me with the way GH has mishandled this. But PP - while I profoundly appreciate what they're doing with AMC and OLTL - is also not exactly known for the soft touch. So this may just be a very hamfisted tactic to try and shut down GH's recent moves with the actors and the pointless new characters. There's no way to know yet who's at fault.

• Members

I don't disagree. The problem is, they negotiated with ABCd to share the characters because the actors/performers, the actual draw, didn't want to go. PP should have ended the relationship once the characters were returned to them and focused on OLTL as a whole an recast but not right away.

• Members

We don't know who did or didn't want to go. We've never heard anything legitimate or confirmed of that sort from any of those performers or their representatives, or anyone on record. They don't have to end that relationship with Howarth - with the others, we just don't know what's going on.

• Members

Added to Org article

The lawsuit won’t derail the plans for the AMC and OLTL re-launch on April 29. “These shows will go forward, and Prospect will address its right sin Court,” the suit said. “Regardless of how successful Prospect may be,the fact remains that ABC did not deliver what it promised, Prospect did not get what it paid for,and Prospect is now entitled to recovermillions of dollars in damages for ABC’s egregious conduct.” The complaint seeks monetary damages of at least $25 million. MORE

• Members

Sounds like a shakedown to me, to be honest, retribution for GH being so uncooperative. Of course, I said that when they first came back and I was wrong, so who knows.

If GH did lock the actors away or refuse to even collaborate they should be shamed for it. This is not necessarily the way to do it.

Archived