Unpopular Opinions Thread: 2013 Edition

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You think so? God, am I really that misanthropic? :(

The thing is, Eric, the stuff I liked when I was younger, I like just as well today. It isn't as if I look back and say, "God, that was horrible, what was I thinking?" Nor do I look at something I hated way back when and say, "You know what? I was off-base before, this stuff is great!"

• Members

Also, this is very unpopular, but I miss Guza and the Mob element of GH. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Q's, but all the action is what got me into GH. And in the 90's/early 00's, Guza did respect the cure families. The Q's, Cassadine's, and Spencer's were on all the time. Wasn't it Frons who told him to get rid of the Q's because they were not appealing to the younger focus group?

• Members

Miranda on AMC is not all that. I think all the praise she is getting is overrated at this point. I don't dislike her, but theres something I don't like about her that I cant put my finger on. She's alright but not this instant star and best find that people are touting her out to be

• Members

LOL

i can't stand her atm. Binks gets her One Direction tickets and she's like such a jerk about it. I get not liking One Directions, but she's just so snotty. My friend said she was hot, but I didn't find her hot at all. Might be her personality lol.

• Members

OK--I have to agree with the "unpopular" takes on Miranda and Jeffrey on AMC/OLTL--at least partially. I think both show a lot of potential, but I don't see the magic many seem to see with them at this point. It may be due to expectations--I don't know Corbin's work but I know he has many fans of his acting, and a friend thought he was good on Broadway in In the Heights, etc--and I admit with Rob as Petey on AMC I expected the WORST and so his decent delivery (someone tell him that when you deliver a line you do NOT have to always accompany it by an arm gesture, please) has been a pleasant surprise.

• Members

Co-signing on everything marceline and Eric have posted in regards to AMC and OLTL. Cussing and nudity don't thrill me (well, nudity...), but it's exciting to see soaps actually take a step in a more realistic direction. People were having bitch fits in the 70s because they started showing shirtless men in bed and implying that couples were naked under the sheets. It evolves, and I don't think that means we'll one day just have people walking around on soaps with nothing on, cussing every other word. They've just gotten closer to life, and that's a good thing, IMO, especially if people love to trot out the "real people" reason for why they like soaps so much. Certain AMC viewers don't cuss, but some of these AMC characters definitely do and I see nothing wrong with hearing them do it when it makes sense.

And yes, someone please show me the receipts of people claiming these things are the best ever. I think there's hyperbole on the hyperbole from people who aren't really feeling it.

• Members

Re: the cursing

I don't know why, but I get the impression that some of it has been ad-libbed. The actors are so excited they can actually do it that they do it and get it out of their systems.

But a lot of it seems organic to me. Like when Jesse said, "What the fuc.k are you talking about?" It seemed a totally normal reaction at that point.

Archived