Unpopular Opinions Thread: 2013 Edition

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The sex scenes so far haven't been extreme at all. What has been on OLTL reminds me of what used to pass in the 80s and 90s before they started cracking down -- same with the fantasy with Cara and David.

• Members

Really, to call what we've seen thus far on AMC and OLTL as "racy" (something I cop to doing myself) might be overstating things. I mean, I must admit, it hasn't approached anywhere near what I used to see on Blowtime at four in the morning.

• Members

The world is so strange. Women have been repeatedly raped on AMC for over 40 years (The mind games Michael played with Bianca before her rape were more offensive to me than Angie saying "sh!t") yet curse words are where some draw the line. ABCD didn't shy away from showing violence, graphic violence (I consider watching characters shoot each other point blank pretty violent) in the last 2 decades yet a little nudity is just. too. much.

• Members

Too much? Not really. It looks to me as though someone is trying too much for no real reason. If one character said one word within the first few weeks I'd say it's normal. Now I feel as though I am a geeky soap freak someone is trying to make feel me feel that I am one of the cool kids when I watch my stories.

I am fine with the "nudity". All I have seen so far is soap sex that didn't feel like watching two elderly lesbians in bed. I don't mind the "bad words" when they serve the character. But I don't get impressed by them and I get tired of them soon.

• Members

I don't watch any dramas or whatever, but I know there's no way these reboots can compete with those shows.

This. Before we go proclaiming that they're better than the network soaps, let's wait and see where they are 6 months to a year from now. If they're even still around. And from what I've heard, they're not any different from the network shows other than the cussing and the nudity.

• Members

AMC barely even had hired writers before they started filming--it's their own fault, but to say they had more prep time than other soaps is absurd.

You seem to not like to read half of my posts. I agreed that it WAS hyperbole to make such exclamations.

This is he way people tend to be in general--especially on the internet. It doesn't change if they have people standing around, shaking their heads announcing "Well you will be sorry, remember how this worked out last time.:" But if that's fun for you--more power to you.

Archived