Unpopular Opinions Thread: 2013 Edition

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Again, I don't think that's unpopular. Like Dana Sparks sucking, it's pretty much the truth.

More unpopular opinions from me:

DAYS's Maxine > GH's Epiphany

I like Kristen Blake's wardrobe.

Eric Martsolf is a solid, if underrated actor. The only thing I like about Drake's return is the viewers can actually now see what a damn good job Eric has done in portraying Drake's son. My GOD- his mannerisms, his vocal inflections, his character tics- they're almost identical! Yet I think Martsolf is quite good and Hogestyn is HORRIBLE!!

Kristian Alfonso and Allison Sweeney aren't good actresses and have deserved to be shut out of every Emmy nomination they haven't gotten. Both get by on personality and personality alone. I wish Rinna would come back and out-act them both. Alfonso only shines when she has a formidable rival- Rinna's Billie, Pinson's Billie, or Chappell's Carly.

Lauren Boles is the 3rd most entertaining actress on DAYS (behind ED and AZ, natch).

• Members

The late Beverly McKinsey is OVERRATED. That scenery chewing diva can't act her way out of a paper bag! That scene when she called Roger out in the country club is abysmal!

She doesn't hold a candle to La Dame Charity Rhamer, who carried DAYS in the short stint that she was there. . .

Let me stop lying on La Dame McKinsey before she haunts my a** after you all kill me. tongue.png

• Members

I will never understand the appeal of Tracy Quartermaine.

She is a selfish, loathsome harridan of a caricature who wouldn't know the meaning of the word loyalty if it walked up to her and smacked her in the face. She constantly enables the very worst of Puke Spencer's bad behavior all the while hoping he'll throw a little affection her way.

Don't even get me started on the way she treats what remains of her family. If it isn't Ned or Dillon, she wouldn't spit on any of them if they were on fire.

How can anyone stand this loathsome shrew?

(That being said, Jane Elliot is the bees' knees!)

• Members

A lot of people like Eric Martsolf. Passions sucked a lot, but everyone liked him more than the first actor that played Ethan. Haven't heard much about him on Days, but I'm sure he's better as Brady than that painfully bad Kyle Lowder was.

I think Kristian Alfonso was at her best opposite Julie Pinson as Billie. Lisa Rinna has been all wrong for soaps in recent years and she's also lost all her appeal (I liked her in the 90s), and Krista Allen was just a bad actress. Alfonso worked very well with Peter Reckell. I think Alison Sweeney is overhyped because she's played an important character like Sami Brady for many years. Her histrionics are painful.

• Members

I agree that they've earned their spot on the personalities they've given their characters. But they're not and never will be the creme de la creme of the soap acting world. I'm SO glad that Arianne Zuker has gotten so good over the years, that Suzanne Rogers is still there, and that Eileen Davidson is back. It's nice to tune in and watch actresses who really sink their teeth into the material.

re

Speaking of DAYS actresses, dare I say that Kate Mansi has gotten A LOT better and I actually really like her Abby now, probably more than Ashley Benson

• Members

I was actually speaking to the Rinna/Alfonso stuff from the 90s, when Alfonso was still "Gina" and she and Billie were friends. They did some fine work together then and Lisa was still a breath of fresh air back in those days.

I agree Alfonso was also solid with Julie Pinson, but IMO, in recent years, her strongest performances came when she was playing opposite Crystal Chappell. She REALLY upped her game then. Plus, I like when Hope's a bitch.

• Members

I'm pretty sure the poster later admitted they were kidding. I think. :mellow:

See, there's the entire post. Read the 2nd two lines! ;)

Believe me, I was SHOCKED at first also, especially that they cited the Country Club episode, which was PHENOM!

• Members

OLTL UO: Terrell Tilford is quite overrated in the looks department (can't figure out if it's his facial hair, hair on head, or complexion that is patchy) and I never understood why his Dr. Greg was supposed to be the sexy one of the two brothers. If anything, I find Sean Ringgold (as well as his Shaun) to be more attractive.

Archived