Unpopular Opinions Thread: 2013 Edition

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

-Never got the what was so damn special about Patch and Kayla

-EJami ain't that hot either

-Laura Horton should have stayed in the nuthouse if Jamie Lynn Bauer had to be cast! (I would have cast Jacqueline Courtney)

-If Wayne Northrop didn't want to return as Roman in 1997, he should have stayed dead

-Luke and Laura does nothing for me

God rest his precious soul, but John Ingle was not Edward Quartermaine

Kurt's Ned >>>> Wally's Ned

I can't stand Monica holier than thou ass

Jennifer Bransford was damn good as Carly

RKK was great as deaged Stravos

• Members

Basically, yes. Kristian Alfonso and Lisa Rinna had never gotten along on set, but they banded together to get RKK off DAYS.

The same kind of behavior was reported on AW, where he supposedly slipped the tongue on Jensen Buchanan in a scene and she was NOT happy.

Then, of course, there's Miriam Parrish (Jamie on DAYS, Sami's best friend as a teen). They announced that they were a couple on her 18th birthday, which of course, means that they may have been dating when she was still a minor. They've been married for years now, though, so it's kind of moot.

They both live in St. Louis now, with different careers than acting.

• Members

I admire #1_Bitch_Boy for sticking up for Katie_9918 (while others are being mean to her). I honestly can't be 100% certain what AMC & OLTL will look like under PP's management, but her assumption seems reasonable (though she certainly could end up being wrong). I also have serious doubts as to the quality of these shows, but there is no way I can predict the future for certain.

I have been extremely reluctant to say anything about this relaunch--or to even participate on SON, for that matter--because of the way people (like Katie) get torn down when they express a viewpoint that is not shared by 90+% of this board. When I expressed serious doubts about the PP stuff two years ago, I was viciously and personally attacked as being "disgruntled" over the fact that PP didn't "rescue" the P&G soaps (which are the ones I prefer) like they did with the Nixon soaps. The fact of the matter is that there are some people who want their cancelled soaps to R.I.P., and are afraid of how PP might further damage the legacy of the soaps that they are tampering with. (For some who say that even a botched revival attempt is good for the genre, I'd have to respectfully disagree; rather, what would be in the best interest of the genre would be for brand new internet soaps to be launched.)

Even if PP makes a great product, I just don't see this relaunch being a success (with success being defined as lasting five years or more). Outside of the soap message boards and magazines, where are these shows being promoted? (And I think these shows need massive levels of promotion to stand a long-term chance.) And a lot of people don't seem to recognize the fact that the casual viewers far outnumber the people on the soap boards. Yet, these "soft" fans--many of whom watched out of habit--have gone on with their lives, and are unlikely to come back in droves to shows that they have not watched in over a year.

• Members

I dont think Steve Burton and Cameron Mathison deserve the hate they get,. I can understand not liking the characters they portrayed and I get that but the hate hurled their way seemed over the top and uncalled for at times. Both seem like decent enough guys who were good to their fanbases. Mathison especially seemed very enthusiastic about his work and the genre

Archived