Unpopular Opinions Thread: 2013 Edition

• Members

Probably the most unpopular opinion of all right now.

I love Sabrina! I really do- I love the whole Cinderella angle and her interactions with Felix, Lucy, Liz and Emma and her fighting for the Nurses Ball. I'm not rooting for her and Patrick but I love that GH has a sweet new young nurse. I'm excited to see what orbit they spin her off into once the glasses come off and Robin is found (if that ever happens this century).

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Honestly, I agree.

I'm not fond of the crush on Patrick angle because it reminds me of another sweet nurse and what happened to her when the presumed-dead wife returned (GL's Annie).

For me, it's just nice seeing a woman on a soap these days who isn't a complete bitch. Yeah, Cartini are overdoing her rooting factor, but there hasn't been a writer in daytime in well over a decade who would know subtle if it shook their hands and introduced itself.

• Members

Well my unpopular opinion for 2013 is probably going to be more unpopular than that lady who said she liked the mob violence on General Hospital so I'm just gonna spit it out and deal with the fallout ...

Nathan Fillion is not hot. I don't even think he's cute but hovering underneath average and flirting with unattractive.

I don't understand why so many gay men and all straight women act like he is the sexiest man ever. I just don't get it: He is aging completely terrible (just 41? for reals?) and those wrinkles (no, they are not dimples) are just, "ewwwy."

Having said that, I am sure the guy is an awesome fella ... just not a sexy one. tongue.png

Fillion_zps113fe7b8.jpg

• Members

It might be simply genes in his case. And that's why he isn't aging well. It could be exposure to sun etc etc too but I am not sure what kind of lifestyle he lives. I know a lot has to do with parent genes. My cousin's boyfriend is my age but looks 20 years older than me. He looks like he is in his 60's. He has not aged well. I remember the last time I saw him he was totally hot..now he is like ehh....lol. He could be my grandpa...lol

• Members

Fillion was always a little doughy, even on OLTL. I like that he isn't a Hollywood type, boring and worthless, like Ryan Reynolds. I can't say I have been interested in anything he's done since about 1996, when OLTL dropped his story with Dorian, but I'm glad he has done so well for himself and he seems to be a great guy too.

(still a little annoyed about how wasted he was on Buffy, but then, they wasted most of their villain characters)

As for GH's Trey, all I saw was Nathuselah 2.0. If your big calling card is your chemistry with Kristen Alderson, something has gone very wrong.

Archived