Unpopular Opinions Thread: 2013 Edition

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This isn't really an opinion that pertains to this board but I don't hate Adriana on Y&R. I know alot of other places hate her because she's using Noah, they don't think she's pretty enough, or because they want Noah to be gay.

I just know in the case of Sabrina alot of people have been drinking the koolaid lately and loving her and alot seem to like Ellie and the actress who plays her.

• Members

I find the hate that Sabrina and Ellie on GH are getting to be completely unfounded. Every head writer creates new characters and merges them with existing ones and these are TWO characters. THREE if you count Britt. Some writers take over the entire show with their newbies and that has not been done on GH. I guess the world would be boring if we didn't find SOMETHING to complain about. smile.png

• Members

On Y&R, Chance and the actor who played him were thrown under the bus for Jeff Branson/Ronan McDeadeyes. It's a shame as I liked both. To date, he is one of the few actors Liz Hendricksen had any chemistry with and, apart from a stomach-churning about-face at the end of his run in order to prop up Ronan, was a decent, honorable legacy character who should still be on the canvas today.

• Members

I don't hate them because they're newbies. I hate them because they suck and are grating and exactly alike. What's good about Sabrina's story? Are we supposed to be impressed by her goodness and light? Are we supposed to be rooting for her to get a makeover so a man will follow her?(what a horrible message btw) And having several people prop her including two of her own newbies, one who is written like a middle school meangirl doesn't get me to like her.

• Members

Admittedly, I haven't seen much of her, but I'm not getting the big hate for Britt on GH. Aside from a noticeable overbite, the actress doesn't make me cringe. Furthermore, I don't see what is so terrible about her character. From what I've read:

• she doesn't like other women hanging around a man that she's interested in
  • she is upfront about wanting to have sex/date a guy
  • she barely tolerates kids

which are hardly characteristics that make a character terrible - especially considering the ratchet ones that have been shoved to the forefront as lead heroines over the last 10+ years.

• Members

IA. I like Britt. She's a woman and I can't stand the childish antics of the little girl she's supposed to be feuding with. I think it's beneath Britt as a professional to even entertain her. She's wasting her time here and would be better off with someone like AJ whom is ready to actual have an adult relationship with her. Pat and Sabrina ain't worth this hassle especially since its so juvenile

• Members

This actually kinda is one of my gripes with the story. Sure, Cinderella stories are classic soap to some level. But the fact they portray Britt as being sexually aggressive (and I don't mean JER style let's rape some guy level here), and Sabrina is shown as a giggly, sweet, virgin (especially given the fact we know Patrick is far from virginal) just seems so archaic. But it's been telegraphed so clearly that we have to hate her, that I can't see why anyone wouldn't. (And speaking of archaic, the fact that she is so obsessed with winning over this guy who hasbarely shown any interest in her, at all costs, is pretty obnoxious... That's why I'd actually welcome, as cliche as it is, the fact that she may have some ulterior motive for going after him as others have suggested)

• Members

There are three things about Britt that bother me more than anything else, two of which have to do with the kids thing (which in

itself is not a bad thing--not all women are required to like kids or want their own):

1. Isn't she a pediatrician? Or a doctor that specializes in kids in one way or another? Why be a kids doctor if you don't even like them? Seems like an ill fit to me.

2. It is pretty clear that Emma doesn't like her. No, it IS clear--Emma has flat out said she doesn't like her at least twice. I know that a lot of kids may not necessarily always like who their parents date at first, but you'd think Patrick would be more sensitive to her feelings about this, especially given how young she is. And you'd think Britt would have realized that by dating Patrick, she has to realize Emma would/should come first, and depending on how serious things get, she's inevitably part of the deal and will find herself having to try to bond with her (and this goes back to the not liking kids thing, too--if she doesn't like kids, why date someone WITH a kid?).

3. Patrick has shown signs that, even though he was willing to try going out with Britt at first, it was pretty clear that he was still grieving Robin and needed more time to move on. And Britt certainly shouldn't have barged in on something like Patrick and Emma setting up for their first Christmas without Robin. Have some boundaries, bitch.

I actually think I COULD like Britt--I've liked her in the scenes surrounding the surrogacy storyline, and some of her scenes with Liz earlier on--but there needs to be more layers to her, and like Cheap, she should be going after a guy (and AJ is just one example!) who's in a better position to have a relationship with her.

ETA: And although AJ himself has a son, Michael's an adult now--the need for a relationship between him and Britt isn't the same as the need for one between her and Emma if she's with Patrick.

• Members

I don't know about pairing her with AJ (though the fact that she isn't one of the roided goiter's leftovers works in her favor), but I think that she'd be better off scrapping with an older-minded bitch (a la Liz, who I don't currently count as being her rival since I've read that she's been sitting on the sidelines and supporting Terrorsita 2.0). While I'm not sure what they'd be battling over or for, I do know that it'd do Britt more favors than picking on someone who isn't her size (from what little I've seen).

Archived