Unpopular Opinions Thread: 2013 Edition

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Honestly, I've never heard that before. But marceline is right: C.J. Roberts became, to ONE LIFE TO LIVE fans, this mythical creature who took on whatever form they needed him to be (although, more often than not, that form was leading a GLAAD march through Angel Square).

Truth!

• Members

After all the wishes, hopes and (wet) dreams, I think I would have had C.J. just show up one afternoon at Llanfair with as little fanfare or intrigue as possible. Because, really, when you're hoping that every young male who comes into Llanview will turn out to be him, you'll feel let down no matter what.

• Members
Last time Deacon was on B&B he was asking Bill for a job. That seemed to be going somewhere. I could smack Brad Bell for not signing him to a contract when he had the chance. The Bill/Deacon dynamic was fantastic.

I think B&B's cast will always feel incomplete to me until Kanan, Adrienne Frantz and (especially) Ronn Moss are all back.

• Members

While I often found Kyle Brandt almost unwatchable early on in his DAYS run, I liked him towards the end. I almost wanted him to stay in the role even though I always liked Jay Kenneth Johnson!!

Martha Madison was the one actress I liked in the Belle role.

I liked Belle/Philip (especially in 2006) more than Belle/Shawn.

Don't get the appeal of Sean Kanan. He comes across as very standoffish and offputting onscreen. Much prefer Billy Warlock.

A lot of other people like Amelia Marshall too, but I know I was one of the only ones who loved her on Passions. I actually loved Liz! Also loved Marla Gibbs as Aunt Irma!!

Didn't like Natalie Zea as Gwen on Passions. She was more talented than Liza Huber, but she was also cold and standoffish onscreen. Liza had more vulnerability and more chemistry with her costars.

Didn't like Erin Torpey as Jessica on OLTL. Again, a good actress, but grating and unlikable most of the time. Especially in scenes with Melissa Archer. No chemistry or connection between them at all. Bree Williamson isn't any better, but she had more chemistry with MA/Natalie. Jessica was written much better when Erin was in the role though. None of the Ford crap or DID mess.

I loved Barbara Rhoades as Irene on OLTL. I'm glad she played the role campy instead of playing it straight. It's very hard, at best, to take a character like that seriously even on paper anyway. Same with Erika Slezak's portrayal of Niki Smith, even though the DID stuff became sickening.

Archived