Unpopular Opinions Thread: 2013 Edition

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They really should have killed Frisco off the last time he was on the show. Maxie's illness should have been used to redeem him. Have him make ammends with both she and Felicia. He leaves town to tie loose ends with the WSB but plans to come back to be closer to them, once he gets out of the organization. Of course he never makes it back as Felicia is soon told he was killed in the line of duty....just after she finds out she is pregnant with Georgie. That would have been better than him being a deadbeat all these years

• Members

I'll just say it. Y&R is a complete mess and has been since Bill Bell left in 1998. The history is screwed up, the time line is screwed up, the characters are screwed up, and the storylines are screwed up.

I'm not saying Kay Alden was the best on her own, but at least she had been writing the how since 1974 and knew the show inside out. I would rather have her back and maybe get James Houghton and Meg Bennett to write with her. Ed Scott needs to be brought back as well.

The first 10 years of Y&R has pretty much been thrown under the bus and re-written. Jill should have never been a Fenmore, but remained a Foster. I wish the show would honor the past by incorporating it into the present. The Brooks and Foster youth ( probably late 30's by now) need to be brought in and mingled in with the other characters. I think one missed opportunity was doing away with Colleen and Scotty. They should have written those 2 characters to hook up and re-ignite the Tracy/Lauren feud.

• Members

2005 was one of my favorite years of Y&R ever. I loved the Brittany/Bobby/Nikki story, Cassie's death and the subsequent Daniel/Lily and Phyllis/Nick stories, Sheila's return, Yolanda, Rachel Kimsey's Mac, John/Gloria, the introduction of Heinle's Victoria, Kevin's redemption and of course the classic "Have a seat... on me."

• Members

If Brenda Dickson weren't taking up residence on Planet Unstable, I'd recommend her coming aboard AMC 2.0 as a brand-new, Erica-esque character who might be able to take up some of the slack left by Lucci's absence.

Archived