Unpopular Opinions Thread: 2013 Edition

• Members

I don't beleive LM/Kristina is the reason Trey flopped as a character and the barely written for pairing didn't catch on. Trey flopped because they hired soemone too old for the role and thought they could rely on his abs to draw women in. When that didn't work we were supposed to feel sorry for him for having an evil mother and then because his father died and then he was suddeny so poor he had to live and work at the church. And that romantic pairing with Kristina was basically non existant onscreen. She returns to town centering her life around him for reasons we didn't see onscreen, he helps his father with a plot that almost got her kileld and witin weeks she's centering her life back around him becuase she feels sorry for him. Where was the romance in that again?

This Lulu/Dante/Maxie baby story was never interesting. Not even from the begginng and has only gotten more nonsensical as it goes on. Was there nothing else they could've done beyond another lame baby story?

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Your take on the Lulu/Maxie baby story is far far far from unpopular ;)

As for Trey, I did think he was one of the more viable new characters RC added--particularly since we're obviously gonna be focusing on Connie for a long time and he makes her more interesting. But obviously atsome point last Fall they decided they were gonna kill him off, and then in a style that RC has been known to use before--they played the remaining beats of his story largely off-screen--like his two scene reconciliation with Kristina--he was just killing time off screen while they waited for the big moments of his death, so I do agree with most of your takes.

• Members

Trey's death seemed so abrupt be did seem very viable. They just stopped writing for him and Kristina and that never made sense for me, especially bc of how they were pushing Connie. I dont get killing off her son as thats one tie she has on the show that they could have built around her bc as it stands there are very few that give a damn about her. Its pretty much just Sonny and sorta Olivia. Trey could have been used to build something with

Archived