Unpopular Opinions Thread: 2013 Edition

• Members

I'll agree about Cameron Mathison, as I've never heard an unkind thing about the man beyond his inability to act. He seems like a cool guy in real life, so I have no problem with putting him in the category of Actors-That-I-Have-No-Issues-With-In-Spite-Of-Loathing-Their-Characters.

The roided goiter, on the other hand, I'll simply vehemently disagree about.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Actually, I'm not certain that this opinion will be all that unpopular, but I believe that either OLTL or AMC would stand a greater chance of commercial success if PP only launched one (at least for the time being), so that all of the business' efforts could be concentrated on just one revival. I suspect that part of the reason why PP is opting to relaunch both soaps at the same time is because they are afraid of ticking off the fan base of the neglected soap.

Without watching a single episode and seeing its quality, it's really hard for me to state which of these soaps is the more likely one to succeed. (On the other hand, the reasons I gave as to why I think both soaps will fail--little promotion outside the soap press & the fact that habitual/non-rabid fans have been without these shows for over one year--hold true regardless of the quality of the product.) My guess is that OLTL will be the more likely candidate to succeed (despite having vastly inferior name recognition) simply because they will have more of their cast intact.

• Members

Latham and Arena Bell were bad and Jill Farren Phelps is the worst thing to happen to soap operas since the invention of things that took viewers away from soaps (internet, premium cable, good taste in TV, etc.).

But I actually saw an episode of Young and the Restless the other day and it wasn't half bad!!! Granted, it wasn't A+ material like it was in 1993 but it was kinda C-.

Still, the show will definitely win Soap Opera Digest Worst Soap Opera of the Year for a third year in a row, I can't believe it but the show I saw was kinda good.

Then again I might have been high and watching some re-runs of Prisoner Cell Block: H ohmy.png

• Members

Yeah, a lot of people do.

Both their fans are awful though, lol.

JL only annoyed me in her exit when she was acting as if her child was being ripped away from her and she wasnt sure how she could ever go on in life when she knew all along it was a temp job.

Archived