Unpopular Opinions Thread: 2013 Edition

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

She's done a lot more "questionable things" than change the music IMO: she's fired talented scriptwriters/a script editor, music directors and directors, plus brought in her never-ending stream of "friends" to shore up her power base, including the yawn-worthy Steve Burton. The woman is clueless when it comes to story and day-to-day writing. Her "partnership" JG prove it. The is in over his head. He needs a co-head writer STAT. The show is alternately b-o-r-i-n-g and clueless. Jill's destroyed so many favorite soaps through the years, I think the real "dumbasses" are the ones who think she won't do the same to the once iconic Y&R.

• Members

Agreed. Sean Kanan (with the possible exception of Antonio Sabato Jr.) is the hottest guy ever to appear on GH. AJ & Julia were FIERCE back in the day.

I have a few.

I like Vanessa Marcil.

Laura Wright has turned into an obnoxious twat over the years.

I LOVE IT WHEN DEE HALL MOANS!

Hunter Tylo's face looks so REAL to me....(I kid, I kid)

I like Galen Gering's Rafe on DAYS.

I actually enjoyed Shawn Christian's Daniel when he was paired with Chloe and wish they were the endgame. I'm not sure that's unpopular- I know Dannifer are hated (I hate em too) but I don't think many cared for DanLoe either.

Team Prospect Park. Screw ABC and the fact that the fans are mostly rallying around the network that cancelled 2/3 of their lineup in one FOUL swoop makes me beside myself.

I love JFP and think she has vastly improved the production elements of every show she's joined. Like it or not, her production techniques on GL, OLTL, GH, and Y&R were a big step up from the previous regimes. And dare I say that I actually preferred JFP's OLTL to the Malone/Gottlieb years.

I think Erika Slezak and Kim Zimmer are overrated, hammy, terrible actresses.

I think Agnes Nixon is a c_unt IRL.

(Ok, the last one was a joke too and in poor taste, but purposefully so.)

• Members

A lot of this is generated from the soap "press" that puts Cartini above all, along with likely wanting network access, and believing ABC is a surer thing than PP (which it probably is). You notice that much of the "press" only wanted OLTL back if it was with Ron and Frank.

• Members

As tiresome as I found him in his later years on DWTS, I have a feeling if Maks was Sam's love interest on GH I would probably enjoy them more than anyone Sam has ever been with besides GV Lucky. That's not saying much, but still...

I think I'd actually like Sabrina more if Felix was not around. He's basically an unpleasant and woodenly acted stereotype, who can't even do the stereotype right.

Archived