GH: December 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I ask these questions honestly. The only reply I got was "some people like what they like and you like what you like" more or less, which is fine, but what it is they like about what they like??? I could see people liking Sonny, I could see people liking EJ DiMera, I could see people liking Erica Kane , but I just don't see what there is to like about Jason Morgan. That doesn't mean I am saying someone should watch a show they don't enjoy, I am saying if it was Jason they were watching for then I don't know how they liked GH in the first place or why.

• Members

In years past, whenever I watched GUIDING LIGHT, for example, I watched for the whole show and not for this-or-that actor, character, or couple. I stopped, too, not because an actor I enjoyed had left (if I had done that, I probably would've stopped watching around 1986), but because I felt TPTB no longer respected the entire team or the viewers who had years invested in them. Ergo, in a way, it makes no sense to me how others stop watching their shows just because so-and-so was dropped or chose to leave. I wouldn't say they weren't "true fans" of the show, but I'd be lying if I said the thought doesn't cross my mind.

But, that being said, no one should feel obligated to keep watching and/or uploading episodes to YT just because others demand that you should. You have the right to watch (and keep watching) your shows for whichever reason you choose; and if you decide you don't want to anymore, that's your bidness and may the Lord bless you.

Meanwhile, I can't with this [!@#$%^&*] about Blair, Skye and Tea teaming up to find Alcazar, Tomas, or whoever the hell he is. Don't these bitches have families, jobs or brains anymore (don't answer, it's a rhetorical question)?

• Members

It's not good storytelling - what's the point? And don't tell me there's a bigger plan in place months down the line.

Dropping stories only to pick them up again months down the road is not good storytelling. Everyone else gets bashed for that, but with St. Ron, there's always a "bigger plan in place."

• Members

Oh, I know you do. I simply don't think that there will be a logical answer to that question, as I, myself, have yet to understand why a viewer who was (supposedly) watching the show since 1963 would stop watching this show because of his departure (as opposed to the scores of far more dynamic characters that have actually enhanced the canvas throughout this show's history).

• Members

The story makes zero sense but as a Skye/RC fan, I loved the scenes. She had some excellent one liners towards Blair.

Helena also was funny as hell yesterday as well. Constance Towers is just perfection. She's one of those actors I could listen to read the dictionary.

• Members

Well to be fair, Tea's daughter is in college and her other baby is being raised by Sam, so...:lol:

As for Blair and Skye...you got me. I don't think they plan on being gone that long, though, maybe a few weeks? Addie can look after Sam and Jack can probably handle himself. I assumed Lila Rae was going with Skye so that may have been my bad for assuming that logical conclusion.

Archived