GH: December 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am sure Sabrina will show up to the Nurse's Ball with her makeover.

I don't feel any kind of way about Felix, but I think they were trying to lay it on thick so the viewers wouldn't have to hear a "I'm gay" declaration from him and just get the fact out there. I do know people that act like him, so it wasn't a big deal to me, but carrying the lipstick around work was too much and pointless.

• Members

Which, in a way, shows how far TV has come. Do I find his character somewhat stereotypical (understatement)? HELL yes, but it wasn't all that long ago where you had an episode of All in the Family (with Tony Geary and Phil Carey, no less!) where the word wasn't even used, or in the case of Robert Reed or Dick Sargent, had to hide their sexualities in order to keep their jobs on family-friendly sitcoms (and from what I've heard, Reed hated/was ashamed of his orientation, which is just tragic).

So, while I wish that he wasn't so stereotypical, it's nice to see someone who's gay on TV who doesn't have to declare it.

Disclaimer: I don't watch any modern primetime TV shows, so I plead ignorance on characters who have reached this point already.

Archived