GH: December 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Anyone else a little pissed that SimplyGH stopped uploading to YT? I depended on her channel when my local ABC went out. . This is going to suck this winter. Because, my local will break in for a dusting of snow. And, my satellite is a bitch in the cold weather. (So, no soapnet)

I wouldn't stop doing something others depended on just because my favorite character left. Oy!

Still....I'll never get the Jaseborg worship either.

Let's Worship at the Alter of St. Jaysus.

jason-morgan-sonny-corinthos-o.gif

• Members

Because, he is not the end all be all of GH.

It was on before him. It's on without him.

Also. It's not like they fired the guy. Because, they didn't. He chose to leave. For a good reason. He wanted to raise his children in TN. Somewhere away from the hustle and the bustle of LA. So, that they would have some normalcy in their life. Not all of the Hollywood BS.

I actually applaud Burton as himself. He seems like a good man. But, the character of Jason was anything but.

• Members

But for some people, he was the reason they watched GH. Or, he became the only reason they kept watching GH. Take him out of the picture, and they no longer have an interest. For some fans, thats how it is.

The show will, and has, gone on without him. In fact its up without him. However, that doesnt mean everyone that was watching just for him will keep on.

• Members

Because it is hard to understand? There are very few examples of popular characters who are emotionless, inexpressive lumps of staring silence. Even Mr Spock, he of no emotions, showed a lot of personality. I can understand what people saw in Sonny, what they might see in the stone faced silent Daniel Craig as James Bond, but what is there to see in Steve Burton as Jason? Is it the Fonzie jacket? The T shirt? 1999 Backstreet Boys haircut? What is it those of us at a loss on this topic are missing?

• Members

I would need examples. Actors like Steve McQueen made a career out of strong, silent types, but I can't think of one TV or movie hero in the last however many years who pranced around in a t-shirt and leather jacket, On LOST Sawyer was the strong silent type and he talked a lot more than Jason did, on Walking Dead apparently Daryl is a hit character and he is strong and silent, and yet he is a lot more expressive than Jason. Being a man of few words is one thing, vapid staring is another.

Archived