DAYS: October Discussion Thread

• Members

I fully put the blame on Reeves. This is actually the meatiest stuff she's had since her return and she is tanking it. I've given her the benefit of the doubt ever since she returned full-time, but her heart isn't in it anymore. Maybe it's the pace in which they film it now but she's clearly out of her depth and can't even phone it in- she's IMing it!

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Good point.

Well, I can't support recasting Jennifer. I just can't. I still have nightmares from the last time they tried that [!@#$%^&*].

Nor can I support writing off the character indefinitely. I'm just plain sick-and-tired of Hortons being an endangered species on this show.

• Members

I actually think Reeves has been pretty decent during this Nicole stuff. Brilliant? No. But I'm feeling bad for Jennifer because I think MR is selling the idea that Jen truly thinks she might have been angry enough to have shoved Nicole. Her stuff in the jail today was pretty effective, I thought.

At any rate, one thing that has been bothering me -- and that isn't so opinion-based -- is the criticism of Melissa Reeves looking "old" and all that. We're making fun of a 45-year-old woman for not plastic surgerying herself to death? She obviously keeps in shape, and terrible sartorial choices aside, she looks pretty damn good. Yes, she has lines in her face, like a normal person. I dunno, it just rubs me the wrong way to be criticizing THAT. Criticize her political views (I will) or her terrible hair color or clothing (choices, either by her or wardrobe), but it seems hateful to spend time mocking the way this woman's natural aging.

• Members

Perhaps she needs a vacation, tho they get a lot at days. Maybe a year break will do her good, i dont know. But i dont think jeeping her just keep her because shes a Horton is wise. We have Hope, Abby, Will, Lucas, Nick and Maggie.

I agree about her looks. I really do not think she looks horrifying like some have stated. People with plastic surgery often look far worse, and I like that she is going all natural for now.

• Members

I don't support recasting Jennifer either and I'm with you on the Hortons becoming endangered species. Personally, I'd much rather have Lisa Trusel's Melissa back and Mark Hapka's Nathan as well. I used to love the friendship between Melissa and Hope and I'd like to see what Lisa could bring to the table as an adult. With Maggie's place finally cemented on the show, now is the time to bring back Melissa and Sarah. They're blank slates for the past 20 years yet could easily be integrated and fans would have an attachment to them through Maggie and hopefully Lisa still being Melissa.

Moving forward, the show needs restructuring and beefing up the Horton quotient and maybe adding a new family or expanding an old one would add depth to what we're seeing onscreen now. DAYS has an embarrassment of riches at its disposal- use that! If you're going to bring back Justin and Adrienne, then go the distance and bring back Anjelica and Alexander too. There's so many places they could go to lure in new and lapsed viewers just by capitalizing on their own history. Kristen returning is a start, much like Vivian and Carly's returns were, but the show needs to dig deeper. It's become so incestuous over the years and it's completely unnecessary. The same characters are constantly rotated in and out, yet always end up in virtually the exact same stories and situations they were in during their last go-round. Widen the scope and you might end up with a cast of characters that sticks and gels, much like they did in the early to mid-80s.

• Members

She's not doing soapy anything, the writers are and it's not working. In fact, it's only making it worse because she's unable to step up to the plate and deliver. There are SO many out of work actors and actresses that would be killing this material right now, why waste time on a has been?

• Members

Right and soon as Lisa comes back everyone will be complaining about that. People say widen the scope and do new things, okay they killed Jack off so that Jen could move on and gave Jen a rivalry, something that's hasn't had in years, it was always the guys fighting over her. Let her be something different now, and accept that Jack is gone. I'm sure before it's over Kristen will be getting dogged on the boards too, just like Carly did....But I love the bickering it's DRAMA and it's entertaining :) And as far as Adrienne, I'm sure she wish she had stayed Bonnie, at least she had more story then.

Let me back off before you throw me down the stairs and I lose my baby lol! She's no more of a has been than say Hope, Marlena or even Sami, there stories have been TOLD over and over.

• Members

1/3 of the characters are bland and hollow. Another 1/3 of the characters personalities change on a 6 month basis. The last 1/3 of the characters are shoved down throats and over done.

It will never happen but I wish this show would have some balance and actual character development.

• Members

I know this isn't directed at me but I commented recently on it being refreshing that Missy looks natural and has a moving face. Props to her for aging so well.

I'm saying widen the scope on the characters and actors you choose to bring back- do something different so you can write something different! I feel like DAYS has been on repeat throughout the 2000s and just when they were breaking that (finally!) in 2008 and 2009, they turned around last year and brought back the same 6 people that always come back! That's my point!

She's a has been because she can't act anymore. Deidre Hall and Ali Sweeney still have some fight in them, and we'll see what Kristian can do without Bo in the picture, which should be interesting.

I just want a balanced canvas with characters that are utilized properly and actors bringing to life what's on the page. That's all. I don't see what's so difficult about that for this show that has a 47 year history. It's ludicrous to keep bringing back Christie Clark and Matt Ashford and expecting it to do anything for their ratings.

Archived