DAYS: October Discussion Thread

• Members

Yes she is. She doesnt have evil motives. She's been portrayed as a damsel in distress in this story with Rafe and Daniel swooping in to save and protect her from EJ. Jennifer interfering has pushed her into a corner to fight back and thats where her claws are coming out.I cant really see her being a villian here as she is broken and lashing out bc her baby died and this trauma happeend to her before. Its not like she just targeted Jennifer for some sick thrill. Id say anti-heroine defines her better

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Except, IMO, to be an anti-heroine, you have to be someone who essentially does the wrong things for the "right" reasons. (Think Julie marrying Bob Anderson.) There is no right reason for Nicole pinning Jennifer for the death of her unborn baby. She isn't doing it for the sake of another person's welfare.

• Members

Right, but that act is separate from what she's doing now, IMO. As I've said, no one outside of Nicole benefits from lying about the cause of her miscarriage. It doesn't right any wrongs or protect anyone. It's just one crazy bitch lashing out at another; and frankly, if Alice were still alive, she'd wonder whether Jennifer has taken leave of her senses.

• Members

I think it could work in Nicole's favor if they account her actions to mental anguish. She's flat out been bullied by Nicole over the last few weeks and losing a baby again in the way she had could have been enough to make her snap. I thought Ari sold it to me when Nicole looked over her life and realized with her baby dead she truly has nothing left. I think she's on a downward spiral and she equates that now with Jennifer. She's lashed out at her as a way to channel her hurt and pain

• Members

PREACH! This is the type of story I could see them giving Julie Pinson's Billie. I just don't understand why they brought her in and treat her with such distain. Lisa Rinna got lots of press attention when she returned and they just didn't try. I feel like her acting was VERY rusty at first, but she quickly got up to speed and has such chemistry with this cast. I didn't see chemistry with Daniel, but I don't think that was needed to make the Jenn/Billie swap you mentioned. She has more than enough chemistry with Nicole, EJ, Hope, etc. to make it worthwhile.

I also can't believe they never brought back Chelsea. I'm just happy Lisa can leave with her head held high. She's looking good and making the most of every scene she's given. Now she can move onto Celebrity Apprentice and I HOPE a better scripted gig in the future. I will forever stan for Billie of the 90s. She was a bad, bad bitch.

• Members

As much as I loved John and Doc and rooted for them, I also understood Kristen because the story backed it up. The viewers watched John and Kristen and their relationship and understood her motivation. The characters were well drawn and the history informed their actions. There was never any doubt that Kristen loved John and everything that she did came out of that, but also there was never any doubt who the villain was and who you were supposed to root for, even if you didn't root for them.

But there is no history between Nicole and Daniel. He was nice to her and kept her secret and boned her a few times. Jennifer was about to remarry her husband a few months ago. I guess my point is that there is no story to back this story up. It's all plot. Does anyone really care if Jennifer and Daniel get together? Does anyone really want Nicole with Daniel?

• Members

Because Liza/Hogan was out of left field, made no sense, and the actors had no chemistry, right?

The only difference is that story forever ruined Sunny/Hogan and they were the actual money couple. Sadly, they never found their way back to each other. :(

• Members

I'm not quite sure that's inevitable, unless Jenn actually is found guilty and sent to prison (Maybe Warden Jane could come back! I'd LOVE it!). They could reasonably keep that a secret for years if they want to, since only Nicole and a day player know.

Archived