DAYS: October Discussion Thread

• Members

Lisa is a beauty be nice. Jen looks tore up from the floor up!!! And she used to be sooooooooooooooooooooooooo pretty! Kristen has always had a hard look about her and so has Hope for that matter.

But DAYS is must see TV again!!! And why is the DOOL discussion so slow compared to the other shows when we clearly have the best show?

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But Missy isn't selling it. At all. The two actresses have zero chemistry together, Nicole/Daniel is forced and makes no sense, the Brady/Jen interaction is also out of outer space, and the baby is actually "Rafe's" (but really EJ's)- it's all so out of left field and thrown together for plot purposes. I don't care because I don't care about Jennifer & Daniel, I don't care about Nicole & Daniel, I don't care about anyone because everyone's motivation isn't organic in the least. I wish they'd dump it altogehter.

It'll pick up as Kristen's return gains steam next week. I'm curious to see how they re-integrate her into the canvas and what characters she'll interact with, beside inevitables like the Dimeras and John and Marlena.

I agree about the lighting not being flattering for ED but really, I think it was the hat, which I LOVED- only because it's a classic DAYS staple of reintroducing a villainess. Yeah, it didn't exactly do wonders for ED's face but I liked the overall effect.

Yes but she looked more beautiful today than she has in a LONG time on DAYS, so props to her. As for Missy, I like her mostly natural looks and am happy that her face moves. I'd rather that than she be frozen like half the actresses on daytime.

That said, her acting is a joke.

• Members

This story reminds me a little of the Daniel/Chloe/Phillip/Melanie/Nathan/Stephanie/Carly jumble from 2010-11 (which was also the last time the Higley regime worked for me). They took the "B team" and created an umbrella storyline that required a little forced moving of puzzle pieces, but as it escalated and the story sank in, it totally worked for me, and the climax and payoff were pretty damn decent. It was a huge blow to the show that JKJ, Hennig, and Hapka left almost immediately afterward, and then Bjorlin and Chappell were out six months later, because it felt like they'd succeeded in elevating those characters into ones who could drive important story rather than being relegated to the B- or C-story. If this story manages to make Jen, Nicole, and maybe Brady relevant again, it's worth it to me. (Daniel can fall off a cliff for all I care, but I think his general role in this story works fine.)

• Members

I wasn't watching the show when Daniel first appeared so I don't really understand what he's done and why everyone hates him. On the other hand, for a character that is supposed to be a leading man and this major force of nature, he is perhaps one of the most under defined characters in the history of soaps. What is he other than a sex machine? They have connected him to Carly, to Victor, to Maggie and nothing seems to catch on. John Black is more defined and he gets a new history rewrite every other year.

I'm not a fan of this story because the only person to root for is Nicole. I like Nicole, but If you're rooting for the villain, is that a good story?

If they really wanted to be reboot the Jennifer character, then bring back Peter Blake. They don't have to bring back Jason Brooks (even though that would be my first choice and heaven forbid we get Reeve's girly parts a tingle) but bring back the character and see if that can salvage Jennifer.

• Members

I started watching for Kristens Return and man, the rest of the show is still shrug worthy. I cannot find my care.

I have never cared about Safe.

And I for sure do not care about Daniel and am not just gonna start caring out of thin air.

I'll watch Kristen scenes on youtube.

• Members

I dont think just bc a plot has you ending up rooting for the villian makes it a bad story? I would say a good chunk of the stories Ive enjoyed had me rooting for the "villians". Heck with Kristen back, I sure rooted for her when she was last on and she was part of an amazing story

Archived