DAYS: October Discussion Thread

• Members

No, Eterna (on ONE LIFE TO LIVE) had cracks. This plot has the freaking San Andreas Fault running right through it.

OTOH, perhaps you intentionally left the 's' off 'cracks,' implying the story was drug-addled? In that case, I would agree.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't understand why that first doctor let Nicole walk around with a dead baby in her stomach in the first place. That part of the story is sickening and why the hell did they keep showing Nicole with that scalpel just for her to throw herself down the stairs? And why can't Jennifer remember anything? Hello, the last thing she said was "Nicole, let go of me!" and suddenly she can't remember the sequence of events? Again, Billie would have worked better here- she could have remembered it was an accident regardless, but have nobody believe her.

I'm glad they got Nicole away from EJ, don't get me wrong, but I was hoping for Rafe/Nicole. There is no actor on DAYS that AZ has more chemistry with than Galen Gering. USE that!

Hopefully, Lucas will be gone soon. There is literally NOTHING for him to do now, not that there ever was.

• Members

Actually after diagnosing a fetal demise they are now often recommending the woman go home and take a couple of days to process everything. They then offer induction or the woman may choose to wait and see if labor starts on its own. If she hasn't gone into labor on her own within a couple weeks or develops complications (fever, etc.) then she should be induced rather than waiting. I agree with you about the strangeness of the scenes with the scalpel, though.

• Members

Now that is the story DAYS should have told. Let Nicole return home in order to process the news, but then decide not to induce labor or even tell anyone out of a combination of fear, denial and hope that the doctor was wrong. (You could even have an "Emmy bait" scene where Nicole literally begs God to breathe life back into her child's body.) Then, at the "appropriate" time in the story, let Nicole collapse from complications -- and in her delirium, have her admit E.J. was the baby's true bio dad, not realizing that E.J. is nearby to hear the truth.

As E.J. must cope with losing a child he just found out was truly his, he lashes out at Rafe, who must admit he pretended to be the baby's father in order to keep E.J. in the dark, thereby causing another rift in his and Sami's relationship, as well as Sami to side with E.J. and against Rafe and Nicole. And when Daniel is later forced to admit his part in Nicole's paternity scam, not only does this cause friction among him, Jennifer and Nicole (with Daniel, feeling shut out by Jennifer, turning more and more to the grief-stricken Nicole), but Daniel is subsequently brought up on charges by the AMA and University Hospital's disciplinary board. Charges that could very well result in his losing his medical license.

...I'm just saying.

• Members

HA! I wish! ;)

But seriously, if Daniel were to lose his medical license on account of Nicole's "baby lie," how would that affect him psychologically and emotionally? I believe he'd be desperate to win back Jennifer, despite his undeniable attraction to Nicole. He might even propose marriage to Jennifer Rose, with the promise that Nicole would be out of their lives for good. But Abby would discover the truth (that he and Nicole are still sleeping together); and Daniel, trying to hold onto the one good thing he believes he still has going for him, does the unthinkable, seducing Abby in order to keep her quiet.

All this, leading up to the moment when Daniel is found shot to death on his and Jennifer's wedding day, and Nicole is wrongly accused and arrested for the crime.

• Members

Then who will be there to tamper with evidence that ties her daughter, Abby, to the crime? Plus, if Jennifer is busy recuperating from her wounds, she won't have any time at all for her big "chemistry test" with the Boston-born detective who has transferred recently to the Salem P.D. (and who, if there's a God in Heaven, will be portrayed by AS THE WORLD TURNS' Michael Park).

Archived