DAYS: October Discussion Thread

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Is this really ruinin Nicole? She's always been desperate for love. She put flesh eating bacteria on Chloe's face. She kidnapped Sydney and watched while Grace died. Tried killing Rafe. Tried killing Victor. Did kill Victor. Tried killing Colin Murphy. I love Nicole, but she's not being ruined here. It's clear she's in actual emotional distress and I'm looking forward to her being brought out of it. And frankly, I'm glad we have a SCHEME coming up on this show again for once. This show has been in dire straights as far as any characters doing some truly villainous things.

Also, I tend to like Jen when she's all up in people's faces being a busybody:

• Members

I don't think this is ruining Jen OR Nicole. Jen is obviously lashing out due to grief and guilt. She's acting like a total nut, but it's not like they are telling us she's being a saint. She's clearly having a breakdown -- which is honestly doing more justice to Jack's death than I ever expected; I thought she and Daniel would just be pushed together again -- and Nicole IS antagonizing her. And this is the same [!@#$%^&*] Nicole has pulled over and over. This story is actually working for me on just about every level except I don't get why either of them care about Daniel so much.

• Members

Just got finished watching DAYS today. They're going to integrate Kristen beautifully, the way Y&R or B&B should have done with Sheila. I can't wait to see her interact with everyone in Salem again, though I wish somehow they'd kept Louise Sorel around because she and Kristen could do some serious damage this time around, if written properly. I'd kill to have a wiser, more cunning Kristen team up with the sick, twisted, razor sharp Vivian that we had when Louise first started. Now that would be EPIC, if the right characters were brought into the story.

It pains me to say this because I adored Jennifer once upon a time but Missy Reeves is done and unwatchable. They are writing her stuff that some actresses would KILL for, yet Lisa Rinna stole every scene from her without even trying. I'd much rather they had stuck to Billie/Daniel- chemistry or not- and Billie had gotten this story with Jennifer being shown the door. Rinna & Zucker would have been FIRE as rivals and it pains me to say it, but I have a feeling this story was originally being written with her in mind. Jack & Jen could have gotten their happy ending and I would have been on the edge of my seat this week if Billie had been in Jenn's shoes. Substitute Hope in the Billie role and Kate in the Maggie role and BAM! You have an old-school soapy storyline, but one you can put new twists on with the actors and characters you're using.

Instead, I'm cringing at the thought of months and months of Jennifer thinking she killed Nicole's baby, Nicole slapping Jennifer, Jenn being found guilty, saying good bye to Abby, etc.... Oh what could have been.

Thank GOD for Kristen because thusfar, I'm not too pleased with much anything else.

• Administrator

So glad to see Kristen again! Hope to see more flashbacks, especially Kristen/Marlena scenes. Though I don't understand Stefaon's reasoning of bringing Kristen back to Salem to save the Dimera family. She doesn't even know EJ (or maybe she does?) and Chad. I also hope we get the backstory of how she got out slavery and how she reunited with Stefano.

I actually like this new beat (Nicole blaming Jen for the lost of the baby; Jen getting arrested) in the Jen/Dan/Nicole storyline.

• Members

ED doesnt look good. Seriously makeup and wardrobe should be shot and I think the lighting also plays a role in it. She looked better on Y&R

Im really digging this Nicole vs Jen story. I hope Jen is arrested and goes to jail. Team Nicole!

f9jonr.jpg

I cant beleive Days had the nerve to recast Alice

2sbkj2x.jpg

You know things arent good when you stand next to Lisa Rinna and she looks alot better than you

• Members

This is easily the best story Jennifer has had in a decade. I felt horrible for her today -- but she also HAS been a total insane bitch to Nicole. She didn't push her down the stairs, but she sure wasn't being careful with a pregnant woman, either. And a Friday ending of "Jennifer Horton, you are under arrest for the murder of Nicole Walker's unborn baby" is classic Days.

• Members

Poor Jennifer. Her life (and quite possibly, her mind) is about to spiral out of control -- and all over a lie and unnecessary miscarriage.

And yet...I still root for Nicole.

And yet...I still ask if all this is worth it to prop an utterly useless tool like Daniel.

• Members

First off, I'll saying I'm enjoying this storyline a lot, but it's Daniel that's irritating to me. But I was discussing a different story possibility with a friend -- ALL of this could have been done with Jack alive. If Jen picked Jack, then got drawn into protecting Daniel in light of Nicole's scheming, this could have been really great. Especially if Jack then sided with Nicole to keep Daniel away from Jen, etc.

Also, it would be a perfect time to bring back Peter Blake (as ecstatic as I am to get Kristen back, it's kinda something I thought COULD happen. I'd literally be floored if Peter was ever recast for the show). Kristen befriends Nicole, who becomes a de-facto DiMera again (Stefano has a sort of soft spot for her). Peter is brought in to wreak havoc on Jen's life, helping Nicole get Daniel away from her. But in the end Peter falls for Nicole and you have a triangle of Peter/Nicole/EJ, which is a fresh dynamic for both Nicole AND EJ.

• Members

the set up for this jen/nicole story was so well done. The jen/brady scenes, the jen/billie scenes. Jen lashing out then taking nicole in and being against her and throwing her out. The daniel angle. all very well done and makes nicoles lie believable. Very impressed with it, honestly.

and Let me go back a bit too because i fell behind - Melanies exit was fantastic. I am really like the dynamic it has set off for chad and abby as well as nick and gabi. and i still hope gabi is prego with wills baby.

Archived