GH: October 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Believe me this started when Sam came on the scene & her fangurls wanted her paired with Jason; I'm not saying that there were some who didn't like the darling of GH Elizabeth Webber by any means but the rabidly intense, sick, over the top hateration came from her circling in Jason Morgan's orbit. I was on the net early on there weren't many forums/message boards they were just beginning to kick in and nothing was remotely as bad as it got to be... it progressed everytime she had a scene/interaction re: Jason Morgan. Then there was the Frons "it" girl factor favoring his obsession with the actress and the writing (favoring Elizabeth to become unpopular with a negative focus) just declined to what we have now.

• Members

People are reading WAY more into it than intended but that's the current nature of the soap verse

I looked at the feature and assumed that the NYT chose one primetime, cable, daytime and talk show. It's not like they have much to choose from in NYC. I know that that there are more shows shooting there than a few years ago - and I'm thrilled for that - but I think the only reason they chose RC was because he's the only guy in NY writing for a scripted daytime show even though that show tapes in LA. (IMO, that alone should've disqualified him.) It's not like The Chew or The View requires a lot of writers and if those shows had been featured, the same people claiming that this validates Ron would be calling the NY Times an out-of-touch rag taking part in the vast multi-media conspiracy to destroy the genre.

• Administrator

I tried asking you to stop but you just can't. So, I will let you hang yourself. I know you won't be able to stop yourself. And I can't wait for when that happens. No more chances this time. I'm finally at that place, a place where I should've been a very long time ago.

• Members

I guess Carly "deserves" a man like Todd after all the bone-headed choices she's made in the romance department. Still, I have a terrible time trying to invest emotionally in this pairing, if only b/c I'm all too familiar with how Todd Manning regards the women in his life. It's like I want to sit Carly down and say, "Carly? You in danger, gurl!"

Ladies and gentlemen, allow me the honor of introducing you all to Andrea's alter-ego, "Althea."

• Members

I just wonder if she knows he raped two women, and from what was implied, probably more. That isn't something which a person is likely to say, "Oh well that was twenty years ago, no big deal." Has the show ever addressed this?

Archived