GH: October 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And, let's not forget that Todd is also holding on to a HUGE secret that indirectly affects Carly as well: The Baby Switch. So why bother investing emotionally in this pairing when Carly would just be playing the fool yet again?

You haven't tried asking me to stop. You send me condescending private messages, peppered with passive aggressive insults, scolding me for "being rude to other posters." I've given you my personal information and invited you to discuss with me whatever personal dislike you have for me because, quite frankly, I doubt you have this much aggression towards me over my "feud" with VirginiaHamilton, Skin or DeeeeeeDeeeeeeeeeeeeee. However, you disregard that and continue to hide behind the only "power" you have. Issuing me warnings on an internet message board. So, honey, have at it. You have a misguided sense of "power" that makes you think that if you scold me enough in my private messages, chastise me enough in the public forms and threaten me enough with suspension, I'm going to toe the line and stop expressing my thoughts and opinions the way I do, if not at all! You're wrong, darling. You control this board -- not me. The only thing you'll be stopping me from is participating with the people I enjoy posting with. If that's your actual desire, just be upfront with it. I'll happily leave. Those who care, follow my twitter and keep a look out for my YouTube page where I'll be doing twice weekly commentary on this show. Those who don't, I welcome you to enjoy my absence.

• Members

Same. Don't get me wrong: I love star-crossed couples with emotional baggage. (In stories, not in real life. IRL, that [!@#$%^&*] gets old fast.) And God knows I'd be willing to sign onto a Todd/Carly pairing where Todd is open and upfront about all his demons and truly struggling to redeem himself for this potential new romance, while Carly is torn between what she has learned about the man and what she sees as a wounded soul in need of (sexual) healing. But I feel like as much as Todd might be drawn to Carly, he's also playing her for a fool, and that ain't cool. Mind you, too, this is coming from someone who's never been a huge Carly fan.

I just have this hunch that Carly will learn about Todd's role in the baby switch (along with some of his other misdeeds), things will get ugly between the two, and even though Frankie and Ronnie will force them back together, and I'll be just as forced to come up with a dismissive moniker for her that includes the names "Blair," "Tea" and "Carly."

• Members

Althea, Khan? Really? Alexandra, Allison or Alexis were taken? Althea? Hate that name!

However, I can't agree with you more if I tried! That is the story that should be told here, and I could be wrong, but it looks like that is the direction in which we are headed.

Todd's past as a rapist? That's not a story for GH. The only person who has not made peace with that rape is Todd, hence the scar he refuses to get rid of. Do we really want the entire town of PC in hysterics because of a rape 20 years ago? I thought we were done with that kind of pathetic storytelling - pulling out past deeds to manufacture new drama? Todd is not someone who has been in hiding for years and didn't face his crimes, family, non friends, community. He did! That's a done deal, so the only person who really needs to finally be free of that rape is Todd because it would simultaneously free him of his intimacy issues.

Child stealing? Carly's not going to judge this crime because she's not a stranger to keeping a child from it's parent - Lil John Spencer anyone? Yeah she'll be upset because her precious Jason got hurt, but so what?! It's ok to keep a kid from it's parent as long as it's not Jason's kid? I guess it's a good thing Jason is leaving because I don't want him as any part of Tarly angst.

Carly should have a problem with Todd allowing her and her child to be near Johnny when he killed 3 people. That's a "need to know" secret. Todd didn't have her back! He chose self preservation, and that is not going to be ok.

Fridays show is what finally did me in. The hug and then the music stopped right in the middle to show the audience a "change" in this relationship. Both realized how good it felt to be in one another's arms. That was old school! The pacing and slow build is great. The other new pairings on this show have kissed, made out and some have had sex. Everything happening with Todd and Carly is beneath the surface (substance) and I can't be happier! I absolutely love it!

I was completely done while watching Friday, and it's you guy's fault because when I was falling, I reached out and asked that stop me. You didn't. Now, I've fallen and have no desire to get up.

I hear a few GH vets are smitten with Tarly as well...

• Members

that will come later, once they have actually begun a relationship. IDA on Todd playing her. He's not being completely honest with her but it isnt about hurting or using her. His lie doesnt directly involve or affect her which problably makes it easier for him to keep quiet abut it when with her

• Members

No, but I do want Michael, a rape victim himself, to be driven toward pushing this man out of his mother's life any way he can once he finds out. And I want Starr to be conflicted as well, between "standing by her man" and protecting her father.

To me, though, Carly is in a lose-lose situation. If she finds out about Todd and forgives him, people will wonder how she could be so stupid (although many will be quick to point out the number of times she forgave and protected people like Sonny and Jason). And if she finds out and doesn't forgive him, then she'll come off as a hypocrite.

Oy.

• Members

I think I finally agree with you on something. I like Tarly too! :D

I'm so glad I'm not the only one wanting them to be an item. :)

You know you all. I just couldn't get into Friday's show.

I don't know what it is here lately. But, the cliffhangers are not as good as they were before around a month ago. I need a good cliffhanger that's just begging me to watch come Monday. Anyone else feel the same?

Archived