Y&R: Discussion for the Month of September

• Members

I believe Max Ehrich is gay, just from reading his Twitter. Somebody asked him if he ever dated Chris Colfer from Glee and he answered that he didn't, but why not say "I'm not gay." I feel by him giving an answer to the question it means it isn't unreasonable to think he dates guys. If they do make Fen gay, he could always be paired with Phillip III. They can be the new Lane lol.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yup...I want to see it, It's not going to be done the way we or everyone wants it too unfortunately.

I posted a while ago about a storyline where Scotty came back to town and Noah (who turns out to be gay) ended up befriending him and developed a crush on him (Scotty's not gay however) but Fen (who we find out is Gay) falls in love with Noah, but is upset when he realizes that Noah loves Scotty (even if in reality he can't be with him)

So Fen has to work at it, and eventually make Noah realize he does love Fen and we get one of Y&R's first gay supercouples. (Thats the fanfic there)

again, i don't think it would happen like that...but we will see.

Also i am still okay with Brittany Underwood joining the show as Scotty's girlfriend who could also turn out to be a very much alive Colleen Carlton

(by looking at some pics, i kind of see Don Diamont's and Beth Maitland's features in Underwood...Just too bad that the guy from teen wolf who looks more like Peter Barton is still on Teen Wolf....Oh well....

• Members

I have to disagree with this. Five years ago? Maybe. But Michelle Stafford is for all intents and purposes Y&R's star. She is the vixen swishing around in the opening credits. She gets the best hair, wardrobe and make-up BY FAR of anybody on the show -- they certainly dress her like the star. She is featured in every weekly promo, even if the SL being promoted isn't about her. Her storylines and Phyllis's actions always engender debate and polarizing opinions which is music to TPTB's ears.

There has been zero evidence of Shick ever happening again, unless it is presented as a hindrance to the Greatest Love in the Whole Wide World which is Phick. Phick is the endgame because CBS, Sony and whoever is HW/EP are invested in Phyllis and Michelle Stafford. If they weren't, they wouldn't rewrite damn history and tear down other characters (like Sharon, Avery, Michael, Christine etc) in order to prop up their pet. Whether Stafford is marching into the writing room demanding Phyllis be written as the good guy all the time or they are doing it of their own volition, the point is TPTB are doing it because they feel that she is the main draw. And if that is the case, then Phick is where it's at.

Which is a shame because I *HATE* Phyllis as the person you are "forced" to be root for but find her a lot more compelling as a vixen/bad girl/anti-heroine who is part of an ensemble cast.

• Members

What is the draw with Brittany Underwood? I saw her on OLTL and she didn't impress me as either an actress or great beauty. I also never understood why she sometimes gets cast in Latina roles.

Amelia Heinle's opening credits are awful. And I hate it when stars stare you down in the opening. It all looks so GH-esque. However, I am grateful that they kept they old style and Nadia's Theme. I was worried that they'd squeal out some synthesizer mess and just scroll "yr" (in lowercase) across the screen. :lol:

Archived