Y&R: Discussion for the Month of September

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, I do (if you are asking for my opinion). I thought it even before yesterday's passive-aggressive Twitter meltdown. If today were the last show, we would have Victor & Nicki, Phick, Villy (barf), Kay talking to God rolleyes.gif and Sharon getting closure on Shick at Cassie's gravesite, with Faith.

• Members

I agree. It looks SUPER cheap. I like the idea, but the execution is dreadful. Kinda reminds me of the previous GH opening.

A35NmGgCEAA0Vly.jpg

That's Victoria Rowell and Brenda Epperson. They're having their live UStream interview now. How random lol. I wonder how they got together? Perhaps they were friends. It's irritating seeing how good Brenda looks, played Ashley for 7 year successfully, yet everyone involved with the show keeps complaining about not being able to use Ashley. It doesn't have to be Eileen or stunt casting. It would be perfectly reasonable to bring back Brenda. She was Ashley for so many important moments, including Victor and Ashley's wedding.

• Members

Is that Ms. Victoria Rowell wearing no make-up?! Damn. She is looking 30.

Brenda Epperson looks stunning too. She always had the cutest smile.

Chris B, I love Ashley Abbott but while I can surely think up a couple of SLs for her, TPTB cannot. I honestly believe they have no clue what to do with the character. Because God forbid a confident career woman run Jabot instead of her brother, have a hot affair with, say, Cane or Chance (if he were still on the show), bond with Faith and Sharon, develop that frenemy-ship with Nikki, spend time with Abby and go toe-to-toe with Jack or Victor in the business realm. Maybe other viewers would find that boring, but I would be into it. :)

• Members

As an outsider -- that is, someone who has only tuned in occasionally throughout the years but followed the stars and the plots through magazines and web sites -- my impression is that Eric Braeden is unquestionably the star, Nikki/Victor is the tentpole couple, and Nick/Sharon will always be the endgame. I've always perceived Phyllis as a very valuable protagonist/spoiler. Like Iris on AW, she's popular, she moves plot along, she's integral to the canvas, but she is not someone who has rooting value as a romantic lead.

• Members

LOL

Michael Muhney@michaelmuhney

LOVING the new writing! Adam is (and will consistently be) grey, unpredictable, conflicted, intelligent, cerebral. #ITallBEGINSmidOCTOBER

Michael Muhney@michaelmuhney

Adam won't EVER AGAIN be written as cartoonish evil or sappy vanilla. As an actor, I am excited about every script I am reading. #REFRESHING

Archived