• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Perhaps it is because:

1. I never cared about the Cassadines
  2. Kristina was a whiny little turd of a character
  3. Ethan was a greasy dullard of a character

but Maya (a.k.a.: the lone non-stereotypical Black female character since Lainey) should've never been thrown under the bus to prop that never-was couple. Not only did she have tons more chemistry with Lucky and (especially) Johnny, but she should've been given more to do (as a Quartermaine/Ward) than spend 3/4 of her time stuck with Ethan.

• Members

I completely forgot that Kristina was a Cassadine. ph34r.png Alexis does her level best to never talk about any of her family that it goes under the radar quite often. Yet another family this show has completely decimated.

Maya's character never made a lick of sense. It was a desperate attempt to resuscitate the Quartermains after they killed most of them off and as a result the entire conception of her character was inconsequential. Edward slept with a maid decades ago and now everyone is expected to care when only three people live in that ginormous house? What a wasted storyline. It would have meant more if the family was still intact in some way so we could see some real fall out from the storyline. Alan, Emily, AJ and more having to deal with this niece, sister, whatever the hell she is would have been interesting story. But none of them are there anymore. Having a long lost Great-Granddaughter come out of nowhere for that family was a futile exercise because the Quartermain family is extinct. Maya already started twelve steps back from the starting line. Ultimately Ethan and Kristina were worth more as characters back then and Kristina still has potential to mean something to this show.

• Members

Her character made plenty sense to me. A non-stereotypical Black female character that wasn't up under the unholy trio's ass had the potential to give the show new life, but the writers quickly ruined that when they decided that she (who was intelligent, driven, and not catty - unlike the majority of the female characters that stink up this show) was more valuable as wack-ass Ethan's (who I still don't know why he is) love interest than as a way to reintroduce a Black female presence that wasn't Mammified.

Having her go out as a cheater (instead of recasting her character after AI left) to prop that yet another white female character (no matter how intolerable) is one of the reasons why I quit this show last year.

• Members

I think the thing is if the show had any interest in the Quartermaines really having relevance, Alan, AJ and Emily would still be alive and Ned and Dillon would still be on the show. The fact that she was cast as an illegit Q grand kid automatically dictated how important she was going to be to GH. I mean look how they wasted Brook Lyn when she came back, not that she was ever a well defined character but Tracys granddaughter was barely allowed to share screentime with her grandma much less any relevant story. They basically turned a Q heir into a hooker.

• Members

The same thing happened when the show briefly brought Micheal in to work at ELQ. That fizzled as well and Micheal was swiftly thrown back into Sonny's sphere pronto. TPTB don't give a damn about the Quartermain family. It's a miracle Tracy is still on the show.

• Members

It's the equivalent of putting on a low cut blouse, miniskirt and stilettos, after spending an hour on makeup and hair, spritzing your ex's favorite perfume, going over to his house and telling him that you're not thinking about him and want him to stay away from you.

Seriously. Couldn't she have upheld the family honor... and become a substance abusing adulteress like the others?

• Members

I saw yesterdays show and this Cassandra story instantly got more interesting with Helena involved and this Cassadine connection. Its a shame that

. Id have been interested in where they were going with this

Jasam wub.png

she came on the show very sterotypical with her anger routine. She came across as an angry black woman the way she kept harping on Ethan and getting on his case when she barely knew him. They toned her down with time but she was a bit too full on in her first few months

• Members

I'll be the first to decry the destruction of the Qs, but I don't buy that Maya being an illegitimate grandchild was what sealed her fate one bit. Just as they've force-fed the idea of Ethan onto this show despite his existence making zero sense, they could've suspended that same belief to make room for her. They simply didn't want to because she was a Black female character that could potentially be a threat to the white female characters on the show.

The less said about how they shat on Ned and Lois' child by having her beholden to Carly, the better.

Archived