GH: Discussion for the Month of February

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL...she is useless and unneeded, hence why she continued to be treated as irrelevant after "coming back". They werent even trying with her and its obvious there was no commitment to actually do much with her despite all the fan yelling. Fans refused to let her go btu Liz hasnt added anything and in fact it was detrimental to her character as things got even worse for her. Liz hasnt served much of an actual purpose in years. She is inconsistent, barely treated as much of a character and is a straight up hot mess, and not the kind that makes you want to watch bc its so bad its good. No, her type of messy is just cringeworthy that makes me wish for someone to just put her out of her misery bc it only ever gets worse with her. Her better days are LONG behind her and what we see on tv is the result of what happens when that fails to be acknowledged

I dont think they are going to do a Liason redux, but it sure gets teased enough. They tend to pop up on the cover of the soap mags with some vague hint about a reunion and of course its just the mags trolling their fans as nothing materializes fromit

• Members

Unless he directly asks her to be part of his Medical Consulting Team, or if one of his doctors brings her in, she has no business accessing any of his files and it's actually a Breach of Conduct that could have her removed from the hospital. Institutions don't take this lightly. Soaps fudge this all the time for story purposes, but in r/l it's not acceptable.

• Members

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

<p>

</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>I'm with <strong>Cheap</strong> on this one - she has become a waste of space (mind you, so is Sonny but people still seem to want him around). i don't blame it on the character as much as the LnL merry-go-rounds that never let characters grow and move on. Liz has had some really good pairings and good story associated with them, but these past few year have been almost painful watching this need for her to be with Lucky - a ship that sailed a long time ago. (The character of Lucky has fared far worse IMO, and none of his other pairings were even given as much attention as Liz has had). What is her reason for being around? She's not carrying on any legacy because that part of her past is almost ignored. She's not a romantic lead. She's not a Matriarch in Training. She's not an action character. She's been stuck in scrubs for years. She is a background character who used to have significance on the show and she's still around because of what she used to mean. Going forward she has nothing to offer the show that other characters aren't doing. </p>

<p> </p>

<p>Now is there potential to change that? Absolutely…. but that can be said for every single character who has graced the front stage and is no longer there. Every character has their fans - RH's just happen to be better organized and from what I've read in different places, more demanding. None of us will ever know what actually happened behind the scenes or why she really was brought back, but that doesn't change the fact that there is now no point to the character being on the show. Nostalgia is never a good reason.</p>

<div id="myEventWatcherDiv" style="display:none;"> </div>

• Members

IA.I think the lat time Liz worked as a character was back in 2007. While I thought that Jason/Sam/Lucky quad story ruined her but its the last time I felt she had a strong presence on the show and its been downhill from there. She hasnt been significant since.While I initially liked her reunion with GV Lucky, it was obvious they were thrown together just bc they were both with no one else but the show soon went with that awful affair with Nik which further damaged her. She got knocked up, went crazy and came back still obsessed with JJ's Lucky which was rooted in nostalgia which did nothing to move either character forward. Now she pretty much is background material in scrubs as you mentioned that just lingers around doing nothing but acting as a sounding board or trying to insert herself into other's stories but isnt quite lead of her own

• Members

Just because someone is popular doesn't mean they aren't a pointless character. The fact that GH has such a small viewing audience anyway I don't think anything could be construed as popular on the show at this point. She has a strong base that can make waves. That doesn't mean the character creates good story.

This is exactly how I feel. The character of Liz needs a hole in the head. Badly. It makes no sense to me how she is still on this show. Characters like Emily and Georgie fared worse with far less.

I actually think it was her pairing with Jason that ruined her beyond recognition. Liz has a character started her downward trajectory around 2006 and the show destroy her by pairing her with Jason and having his spawn. They then made it even worse by trying to pair her with Nikolas while she was engaged to Lucky. They demolished three relationships in the span of four years and Liz never recovered from him and her character has no validity as a romantic lead anymore. Liz falls in love at the drop of a hat and now her feelings have no merit or meaning. She is never seen as a mother, we never see her in her studio anymore, like I said before she is the equivalent to nurse #5 on this show. The character should have been locked up in Shady Brooke back in late 2010 and written off the show since the writers like imitating Luke and Laura so much.

• Members

First of all fan outcry did not save Becky's job are people naiive enough to believe ABC or GH cares? 2 soaps are cancelled and did ABC care about fans? I am more tempted to think JFP liked her and it was a powerplay with Guza who was fired not soon after.There was far more fan outcry over Stuart Damon and did it stop them. How about Genie Francis over the years?

I think anyone is a better character away from Jason. Look at Sam who is a non character.Liz was a far better character during her time with Ric while Lucky fared far better with Sam.

• Members

I think it's more a matter of who the fans are in the out-cry and what kind of drag the actors have that we don't know about. At the end of the day it's all idle speculation anyway. We will never know.

That's fine. wink.png I don't tend to give a flying f*ck on most of these things either. And for the record I don't hate Liz - I'm just bored by her. And that's okay too.

• Members

I forgot to comment on that. This plot so reminds me of what Days just did last summer when random nameless hookers were being attacked. Does anyone care? I remember not caring about the Days one bc it was a bunch of extras with no connection to the audience, except the last victim, Chloe.

Archived