GH: Discussion for the Month of February

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She wasn't stereotypical at all - just someone who was stuck in a pairing with a goofball that they had no business putting her with. I didn't blame her a bit for being annoyed with him, as I was for having to watch a grown woman who was going places being paired with a guy with the maturity level of Justin Bieber.

• Members

GH DISCUSSION FOR THE MONTH OF FEBRUARY -- AS IN FEBRUARY 2012

Can we keep the discussion about the stuff happening this month of this year for those of us who are watching the show? I know the "In" thing is to not watch GH, and then come into the current month's thread to talk about how you're not watching GH this month, but still. Maya's been gone since summer of 2011. This should be filed under: DEAD HORSE, QUIT BEATING A!

• Members

TJ wanting to work for the mob rolleyes.gif Oh boy. Another whiny punk with an attitude wanting to get into the business. And he had scenes with the Queen of them all, Bambi.

Sick of Wolf Boy (AKA Matt) and his annoying, conceited attitude. What a loser. I'm also getting tired of Maxie even though I really like Jen Lilley.

Lol at Kate having ownership of the Metro Court! Olivia won't be happy with that :lol:

• Members

My sentiments exactly 'Well Said"

I knew they weren't going to write for her; I just knew it they always do that with (women) African Americans on GH. Lainey never had a love scene in three years so? At least she had something. Look how they wrote an iconic Afican American actor & quite famous artist Billy Dee.... a janitor swinging a mop.

Oh yeah because "any character can become irrelevant & I can say that of Sam McCall who main purpose is to be attached to Jason Morgan. Its in the writing poor Liz hasn't had the luxury of (serious) whitewashing and/or reinvention and/or redemption and/or character growth as many of her fans such as myself have always hoped for her. per Frons the writing wasn't there for her. As for her lurking in her place of employement all characters on this show "lurk" on the docks in the hospital even PCPD ....as for looking at Jason medical records 'she did' she was once in love with the guy & he her. I don't know why they wrote her to do it... but Elizabeth always takes the hit up the bum for Jason so there it its.

• Members

Are you trying to say Sam is important so by proxy Liz is too? huh.png I'll be the first to admit Sam hasn't had meaning in terms of story since 07-08' when she was trying to ruin Liz's life. That was the last time her character had any self-agency what so ever. Her entire purpose on this show now is to be Jason's soft spot- which entitles her to get raped and conceive a child so she can be seen as more of a "woman" in her own eyes/GH's - not that she get a job, be with her family or anything else. No she has to make a baby - I'm convinced this entire storyline was created in an attempt to see Jason as a hero because he can "justifiably" kill a rapist and that in some way will make us forget that this man kills people for a living and is in fact a cold blooded murderer.

Wait what? Didn't this show contort themselves in sixteen different positions trying to make Liz the victim of her affair with Nikolas? They went all out with that one. They brought up her rape from thirteen years ago to try and illicit sympathy for her cheating. Then they tried to justify her lying to Lucky as he just wouldn't understand, never mind the fact that Lucky was willing to call the whole thing off for her. blink.png Not only that she attempted to shamed Rebecca every time she tried to tell Lucky the truth about Liz's duplicity. They forced her out of Port Charles because she was trying to tell the truth.

Then when Lucky did finally find out about Liz's cheating for the second time in a three year time span he couldn't even be mad at her about it because Liz was "hurting herself" and crying in churches when it was below zero and that was somehow Lucky's fault as narrated to us by Nikolas the brother who slept with his brother's fiance! This show has done everything possible to whitewash her misdeeds and put that sainted halo back on her head. No to mention the old soap standby which naturally makes viewers sympathize with characters - they killed her child. This show has demonized three or four women in an attempt to show Liz as this awesome sauce heroine who is just such an amazingly good person/mother/wife/nurse.

• Members

I'm not "trying to say anything" I simply made a "comment" when I want to say something I don't stutter... as for the rape the way that played out did Elizabeth "no favors" absolutely "none" in writing as far as I'm concerned it did not Highlight her in a "positive light" . Its the way many of "her fans interpreted the scene.

As for Lucky not being angry he damn well was & called her out on it "repeatedly " nearly his entire tenure as did nearly every character on the show for years she took hit after hit re: banging her ex brother-inlaw best friend the writing was "all for the sympathy of Lucky Spencer" from the get go until they again highlighted him as not the bestest dad in da whole wide world....& she is da bad mommy....

• Members

That's precisely why I was never able to jump on the 'GH: Night Shift' bandwagon - because it was business as usual when it came the shoddy treatment of Black characters. Billy Dee Williams playing a janitor swinging a mop was just chock-full of WTF.

Now I'm hearing that they've cast a Black teen character who (surprise, surprise) can't read good. mellow.png

• Members

Yeah I just don't agree. Siobohan's entire character was designed to do for Liz what Lisa did for Robin. Create a crazy, psycho jealous significant other who is threatened by the female protagonist and then kill her off because she was such a horrible person. The idea was always to get viewers on the side of the established character in this case Robin and Liz. The same thing that happened to Lisa happened to Siobohan. This isn't the first time this has happened either. The show did the same thing with Maxie, Rebecca and Sam in an effort to show Liz as the little heroine who does nothing wrong and who viewers should be rooting for. Liz is always the "good" one while every other woman is always the "bad" one. They've done literally everything possible to get the viewers back onto her side including killing off one of her children in an effort for a sympathy bid for her. In terms of her affair Nikolas got the worst end of it. Lucky forgave Liz a month or two right after it happened because Liz was mentally unstable minimal pay off after they humped for the better part of the previous year, if I do say so myself.

Archived