OLTL-Monday, January 9, 2012

• Members

This Cole does look like Brandon Buddy in the face (or what Buddy looked like a few years ago). Good casting.

That scene where Viki first sees Megan was such a nice moment. Sometimes I wish they did the show without any dialogue at all.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I feel exactly the same way. I made sure to take the day off of work. it's going to be a day filled with emotions because Today Show is giong to have a big celebration for their 60th anniversary with old anchors comming back (like Barbara Walters, Hugh Downs and Jane Pauley) so I really need the whole day to take it all in. even The View special should be both fun to watch but sad that it's a final farewell. Then of course the final episode will be happy and sad.

Leaving Llanview is something i never thought i'd do. especially leaving Viki but then i have to remind myself that one of us has to leave and i'd rather it be like this...me leaving while everyone is happy then something happening to Erika Slezak and having Viki either die or be recasted. that would be even harder i think. At least this way i can always picture everyone in the Llanfair being happy for the rest of their lives.

• Members

So are Megan and Gabrielle there to convince people to accept death? Why wasn't Luna doing the same?

I don't think Crystal Hunt ever would have worked on a regular basis, mostly because of her acting style, but she was good today with JvD.

I wish they'd mentioned the old days of Gabrielle denouncing God. I like the idea of "angel" Gabrielle doing whatever she wants and defying her role, and as always, she's such a minx, God can't resist giving her another chance.

• Members

Alright people just get over it -- I hate Ford but the whole "rape" thing is just ridiculous, even if she was actually physically 17 - it's her right and will to have sex with whoever she wants. It's gross and even illegal in some places, but the banter is just ridiculous. If it were a 17 year old boy and a cougar going after him, no one really bitches that much. It's like a twisted form of sexism... sorry all. If Jessica thought she were 13 or 14, it would be another story.

Luna, Gabrielle, and Megan were nice to see - but honestly, Max should have been back for this. It just makes sense!

Also, I agree - Stacy this time was much better... HOWEVER, I honestly believe that it was the blackhole of Rex and Gigi that destroyed her character... I think in other conditions, especially scheming with Kim, she wouldn't have been that bad. But I tend to like those characters - I liked Jen Rappaport for most of the time, especially towards the end.

Okay I think too much time is being spent on Ford, and Cole to a lesser extent, I just wish they would both die. Marty also should have been back - and saved the day (saving John and Natalie would have been a nice redeeming thing, like Lindsay saving Nora).

I MISS THE GANNONS =(

• Members

The story never would have been told in the first place. This is a headwriter who has repeatedly told stories about how it's hot and good fun to have sex with a mentally ill woman who has no idea who she is or who thinks she's underage, and how a man who does this is noble and special.

Gigi/Rex killed many characters. Beyond that I think the show had no real idea whether she was supposed to be good or bad, and she let a boy (her nephew no less) wither away for what seemed like months. Today she was facing off with someone who was also depraved and damaged, and they were sparring back and forth. It was much more suited for her.

• Members

It helped that Crystal Hunt was paired with JVD, an actor who knows what he's doing. JPL and Farah Fath are the biggest reasons why I can't stand Rex and Gigi. They even sucked the life out of Scott Clifton. That, and it helps that Stacy was only back for today and in hell along with Eddie. Though some of the characters on the show are even more unbearable. It would have been funny if Stacy made some bitchy comments about Clint choosing Viki over her darling Kimmy.

I'm disappointed I didn't get to see NASH torture Ford, but I guess that wouldn't have been as fitting. Those tweets from RC made it obvious that they're still sugarcoating everything Ford did to Jessica.

I didn't find Gabrielle trying to seduce Bo offputting, but then again I almost never get offended even when I should. It was a nice nod to her history.

I wish Dorian had been on today. She could have been there to at least help save Viki and Clint. Or Bo, since Troy gave up and walked out (love Troy though). I even think the idea of Dorian getting shot and going to heaven before recovering would have worked well too.

Archived