OLTL-Monday, January 9, 2012

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really liked Luna in her less OTT moments too. I disagree about Gabrielle's hair, but the dancing was WEIRD--I know Bo and Nora have a history of swing dancing, but Gabrielle and Bo didn't have a history of some bad mix of ballet and ballroom, or did I miss it? (actually didn't Gabrielle do a tango in Argentina with someone? At any rate, that was no tango...)

• Members

Fiona was a ballet dancer once upon a time before a back injury ended that dream--and I'm guessing (based on a YT video I posted somewhere here tongue.png ) that Gabrielle did too, as she dreamed of trying to get to Max while dancing. She and Bo did dance a few times, but normally.

Cord and Kate tangoed in Argentina.

I love Gabrielle, but some of that stuff almost made me wish she didn't come back. She was such a great character, she truly was! But I missed her so much that it was still great to see her--and I got a new banner out of it, too laugh.png .

• Members

Ironically none of the stations carrying One life are picking up Revolution. (Neither did they pick up The Chew--here instead they added a 30 minute lame news/entertainment local show and then picked up Bold and the Beautiful for the second half). Reportedly soaps do better in Canada (percentage wise--obviously we have far less viewers due to population) than the US, in fact Another World back in '99 was one of the top daytime shows in Canada and there were (very very very brief talks) about continuing it here.

I guess because it's oficial shelf date is Jan the 10th, which gives me hope that it'll show up here this week. I know some stores release magazines prematurely no matter what the shelf date is.

• Members

Not when we depend on you guys to give us your soaps and you stop watching and they get canceled... (serious--have you SEEN some Canadian attempts at soaps? And no SFK, Degrassi doesn't count, though I see some new primetime show about Canadians trying to make it in LA is possibly being picked up by the CW--it's gotten decent reviews here but I haven't caught it but has some of the Degrassi team behind it).

Archived