OLTL-Monday, January 9, 2012

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is the soap that I've watched longer than any other (I watched both GL and B&B regularly at one point years ago; briefly watched DAYS before that), so this cancellation is the REAL test for me. It's funny; my paternal grandmother watched ATWT forever (she was on vacation for the last episodes, though--but I bought and sent her the tribute magazine!), and of course I wound up watching one of its time slot rivals. But this one is the toughest for me for sure sad.png .

• Members

I'm definitely more recent--I started watching a little over 10 years ago (October 2001), stopped in late 03/early 04 after the Holdens were gone (and frankly, when I started high school and wanted to focus more on that, lol), saw Max's return episodes in 2007, and started again permanently in early to mid 2008 when Starr's pregnancy began. There have been a few times in the last few years when due to school/work stuff I watched less and/or read recaps instead, but at least it was still there to go back to sad.png .

• Members

My first (and longest) soap was PASSIONS lol, I only started watching AMC and OLTL regularly when it was over a couple years ago. Long story short, I get too attached to TV show characters but regardless, losing soaps are harder than losing any other type of show.

• Members

I ''moved'' into Llanview in 1979, at the age of 3, with my mom & grandma.

Went full-time citizen around the 84/85 season.

Haven't left since.

I've had to say goodbye to Santa Barbara, Edge, Sunset Beach, Loving, Ryan's Hope, Generations, The City, PC and AMC.

NONE compare to the sadness I am over ''moving away'' from OLTL.

Come Friday, I'm going to be a destroyed to the core.

These people are my ''friends and family''.

*sniff*

• Members

Funny story: my mom, for as long as I've been alive, has never been a soap watcher at all, but she did see some of the soaps with her sister in the 80s (and she remembers seeing ATWT at one of her friends' houses in the 60s) before she and my dad left that area where their family is. My mom has NEVER liked Tina, from back then or seeing her now.

Needless to say, I LOVE Tina. I've always thought this was funny laugh.png .

Archived