OLTL-Monday, January 9, 2012

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It also just seems lazy and pointless. Aside from a double wedding episode, nothing of value has come out of this story, not in a year and a half. It's sobering to think that this is what Jessica has become - she's so irrelevant that she spent today having lines like, "Where's Starr?"

I do agree there are double standards about male/female relationships, but I can't think of any scenario on this show or most shows where you would have an older woman paired with a man who has a diminished mental age - unless you count David and Dorian. And then it becomes - why was this done in the first place? OK, what he did wasn't a big deal, he's a great guy, who cares - then why did they have him getting turned on about her when she thought she was 17? Is this just supposed to be so incredibly sexy that it had to be told (and then rewritten about four times)? The same thing happened with Tarty - was there ever a point to this, beyond the writer apparently getting off on a scenario about a man with a mentally impaired woman?

• Members

I didn't think it was offputting as much as it was a little confusing - if she was supposed to help him, then she went about it a strange way; their relationship was never really about hot sex, and I couldn't tell if she thought this would draw him into the other life, or if she was trying to get him to stay with Nora, or if she was just very horny. The scenes were fun but also somewhat pointless. I wonder if they wrote something with Gabrielle and Max but then they couldn't get JdP or they were told not to bring him back.

Hunt and JvD did work well together. The contrast between Stacy/Clint and the Fords was striking - I actually bought what was going on with Stacy and Clint, whereas JWS still seemed stuck in one of SNL's old Bad Theater sketches. Even the whole "bursting through from black to white" moment was less ridiculous with Clint - he didn't look like a dumbass headless chicken.

• Members

That bugged me too, except I guess it mkaes some sort of sense (within the show's logic)--I take it in both cases they were still in a sort of purgatory (ie Between Heaven and Hell) one room leading towards Hell if they went into the flames, the other leading towards Heaven if they went through the glowy door... Not actually Heaven and Hell. I was more curious as to why Stacy and Eddie got chosen as the Devil's ambassadors, etc--I guess Stacy had connections with Mitch but Eddie didn't... But I suppose they were already in the neighbourhood...

Well he as meant to still be breathing--it's not that strange :P

• Members

I think the Stacy and Clint scenes worked because Hunt and JVD have known each other for years. It wouldn't surprise me in the least, if they talked out the scene prior to filming to make it better. I've read enough stories and heard comments from actors (mainly from GL) about how he mentored people. Of course, that past made things incredibly creepy when she was running her fingers up his arm, as my brain was thinking--hello that's your great uncle ewww. Why are you flirting with him?!

• Members

You know what bugs me about the Ford Jessica stuff most is that bloggers and the soap press seem to go out of their way to avoid criticizing RC of anything but don't hesitate to go after Y&R for things as repulsive and its completely warranted so why does Ron get a free pass,

Archived