OLTL-Monday, January 9, 2012

• Members

I hadn't really thought of it that way. The way I interpreted his statement was she "chose" to regress due to Mitch attempting to impregnate her, the same way she "permits" Tess to come out. Regardless, RC loves to play fast and loose with mental identity disorders lol.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This type of thing is why I now loathe this character (well, one of several reasons) - she basically said she knows what her alters do and she lets them out so she won't have to. So she was more than fine with the deaths of her mother, sister, and unborn child.

I can't think of any RC stories which weren't rewritten or quickly dropped, or both. I guess you'd have to go back to 2007. It seemed to plague every "big" story - remember how they tried to rewrite it to say Natalie and John were together when she slept with Brody?

• Members

Jess had partial amnesia from what Mitch did to her. She knew she physically wasn't a virgin but she couldn't process that fact. She was supposed to be seeing a shrink several times a week for her new mental illness. That's how she avoided being sent to St. Anne's again. But Marty was her shrink. Dr. Marty never set any required visits or checked up on her patient unless Jess did something really stupid. Then Marty would tell her mother and the rest of the family they should let her do whatever she wants. As her doctor, she was fine with Jess running around unsupervised (except sometimes by Cris). She didn't even care that Jess made herself (and her family) the laughingstock of Llanview by enrolling in high school. Marty was too focused on John to care. Ford was warned by everyone to stay away from Jess because she was mentally ill but he never did. Legally, since she was under a doctor's care, she was not mentally capable of giving consent, no matter what Carlivati Esq. claims. He's the one who created the repulsive term "rape-mance" and put air quotes around RAPE when referring to a gang rape. He refuses to accept that rape is about control, degredation and visceral hatred (usually of women). It's not a prelude to romance or a "sexy" way to find one's true love, nor it is normal for a rapist and his victim to always have to remain in each other's orbit for life (Todd/Marty).

• Members

Is he high? She was not just an "amnesiac." Jessica thought she was seventeen [!@#$%^&*] years old! She had the regressed mindset of a seventeen year old teenager! This was hammered away at in the storyline at that time. His actually engaging in a juvenile Twitter war just because people don't believe he is Michael Malone or that Robert Ford is Todd Manning is pathetic. It almost makes me want to join Twitter and be equally pathetic to fight with him too.

Archived