OLTL-Monday, January 9, 2012

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

One of my favorite MST3K movies (besides Mitchell). biggrin.png

Erika and Jessica looked gorgeous! But I can't believe that's all we'll see of Viki and Megan. sad.png Viki only went to Heaven to remember what Allison said and pass out again? Are they kidding? Blah. What a disappointing re-re-rerun for Viki. angry.png

• Members

See, I started later (2001), so, based on what I know about, I'd go to around 95-96, maybe (although as a Todd/Blair fan I may have to make some exceptions here laugh.png ), and then flash forward to maybe 2001-2003/2004 (once the Holdens were gone, I was gone--for a long time).

I definitely see what you mean, but I do think, overall, the show is ending strong. I DO sometimes wish I was born earlier, though, to see the older stuff first hand smile.png .

• Members

Exactly! I had problems with this story from the very beginning because I remember that episode and I swear they never even started having sex before Jess freaked out and pushed Ford off. It certainly wasn't played like they had sex to completion, but if you want to go all 5th grade sex-ed with it, sure he may have impregnated her. God, the shame of being a precum baby... But then to say that Jessica was in her right mind and went along with the love making, well that did NOT happen as we saw it, there WAS no lovemaking, it was over before it even began. I'm getting all Annie Wilkes here, but you guys know what I mean...

• Members

It's always been odd for me because I started watching about 1995 or so and the show was winding down, and I got more hooked when I saw Daytime to Remember. That OLTL is incredible - the show since, while still capable of brilliant moments, has been much more mixed, and RC going on about rape just reminds me of OLTL being best when it was not about why rape isn't rape and how noble these men are.

They also said that noble Ford asked dozens of times about whether Jessica wanted to go through with it, and she said yes each time. So now that's also gone - he had sex with her when she thought she was underage, and he loved doing it.

• Members

everyone told her she wasnt 17. She knew she wasnt but it didnt matter to her bc its all she could remember at the time. Oh well I wish we could just move on from that time and RC would do well to just forget about it and stop tweeting on the matter. I found it to be the most offensive story in OLTL history and it drove me to drop the show. I was just so turned off by that crap

• Members

So Megan is apparently done. What about Luna & Gabrielle?

I so wish Max could be shown randomly having some accident in Argentina so we could get a catfight for him in Heaven between the two of them--you know, even though Max & Gabrielle are living happily ever after in Argentina, after Gabby was found alive, they found Al, and now Frank and Leslie are in college. What, OLTL? That's NOT what happened? As far as I'm concerned, it is! biggrin.png

Archived