OLTL-Monday, January 9, 2012

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I dont get why he would use the word rape then. He could have very well had Eddie call him out on his womanizing ways and how mich of an ass he used to be. RC did a big mistake by drawing attention to the Jess storyline as his intention today sure backfired

• Members

Clint went the other way just like Dorian did once.

Gabrielle seemed a bit selfish to me, she was really pushing Bo not to go back.

I think the Cole recast was for the best, I think this actor plays a character as more sympathetic.

It will be interesting to see who Luna could save, it's kind of hard to tell which direction that one will go in with these writers..

Mitch was totally delusional when he thought he was headed to Heaven.

• Members

I saw RC's little tweet about saying that what Ford did to Jess wasn't rape. I guess RC has just as much of a hard on for Ford as Frons and ABCD do. And Ford's "remorse" didn't do a damn thing for me. I hope Ford burns in hell.

Loved seeing Stacy and Eddie drag off Mitch. I can't believe I enjoyed them today. Of course it helps that they're just back for one day and in hell. But some of the characters still on the show are even more unbearable (Jack, Ford, Jess, Rex, Delphina, Nate, James) than they ever were.

I never saw Megan the first time around. I've always liked Jessica Tuck though. I think I'll go and see if I can find any good scenes with Megan before she died.

Luna is still a freak, but if she sent Ford off to burn in hell, I'll be eternally grateful to her.

I'm so glad Jack, Rex, and Gigi weren't on today. Great show if I take out the Ford/James/Jess crap (aside from Ford being tortured and finally dying!)

• Members

RC's recent comment to a fan...

@carlivatiron Thinking someone is 17 due to ECT and not being able to make rational choices = mentally impaired and unable to give consent.

RC: Not true. Jess KNEW she wasn't 17. Ford took advantage of an amnesiac who was upset that her H.S. boyfriend got engaged. #notrape

@carlivatiron Breaking a woman out of a mental institution and having sex with her = rape.

RC: Then I assume you think Nash was a rapist too.

• Members

Why is the headwriter playing fan wars? Does he know there were more than a few fans who did not like Jessica with Nash or with Ford?

I wish he'd spent half the time pacing and telling stories that he has spent blurring the lines about consent.

• Members

Oh GMAFB Retcon Carlivati. He undermines his own storytelling by unsuccessfully retconning "wrongs" to make them "right". So Jess was just pretending to be 17? This is so stupid and it's making me lose my warm nostalgic glow in the show's final week.

• Members

To me a lot of his nostalgia has always felt hollow and slightly bitter anyway - I am enjoying the returns and am glad to see some material for the vets, but otherwise I think a lot of what he and others did to OLTL is still on glaring display. The OLTL I will generally remember is on Youtube and ends around 1995.

It's always annoyed me that he is one of those writes who gets this hero worship - already so much talk about how he's going to save GH. It's just Sheffer all over again.

Archived