OLTL-Monday, January 9, 2012

• Members

Oh my Lord. I wish someone would take RC's twitter account away, it's making me take back any good will I was feeling. Even if Jessica rationally knew her correct age she still felt and acted like a 17 year old--full stop. There are many extremely mentally ill people in real life who have been told and know that they have a disease and the rality they perceive isn't "real"--it doesn't change their own situation however.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL, I created a new OLTL avatar but it's not working and I plugged Natalie in from my computer as a test. laugh.png I hope y'all enjoyed the girls' brief visit. biggrin.png I like to refer to them as two luscious cups of ginger tea-tea.

• Members

She had a complicated relationship with God, for sure (I think she was originally going to be a nun in Argentina when she met and lost her virginity to Max), but she has always been more of an anti-heroine than a straight-up villainess. Maybe right before she went to prison in 1991 she was near there (and there were SOME traces of this when she returned in 2001), but even in her last scene then you could see she had a good (and very damaged) heart.

I SO need to write a fanfic about Max being seduced into Heaven by Gabrielle now, sexy angel dress and all. I KNOW they're in Argentina now wink.png , but the concept is just too good. He wouldn't stand a chance once he saw her.

Sorry, guys. My one track Max/Gabrielle lovin' mind went into overdrive the minute Gabrielle was onscreen again. I'll try to keep it in check laugh.png .

• Members

Great news--my New York friend who is oddly obsessed with that one woman show saw it last when Kim Zimmer was in it and met her after--(Ilene and a few other OLTL cast members were in the audience). I'm sure he'll go again

A bit much ofr a one woman Off Broadway show but my friend says it's aVERY easy to get rush tickets for 30 bucks or so to. Then again maybe all the SOS One Life people will have bought up the tickets :P

UGH I feel like forcing RC to watch that but I guess it's not worth it.

• Members

Who's Meg Masters? LOL Anyway I think it's apples and oranges. AMC was wise to dedicate most of the final week to family specific episodes (even if some like the Hubards worked better than the Kane one)--it fit the show beter. OLTL at this point couldn't really do that, and this kind of drama seems more reflectiver of the show. I'm curious to see what the rest of the week will be like.

There was in the final few weeks, but not really much at all in the actual final week.

That's how I feel. OLTL couldn't really do a lower key wrap up focusing on families anyway--with Dorian gone, and the only other major family being the Buchanens. For the most part (arguments of cliffhanger side) it seemed to represent AMC fairly well, better than I had hoped, and AMC to me has for a long time now been a less action heavy show than OLTL.

Hasn't that always been his weird accent? I admit I don't get the acting choice at all--the way he flails around plus the camp accent and calling his sons "baby" he always comes off as a creepy hick gay predator to me (and no, that's not due to rumours of Shipp's personal life--I never thought that way of him in past roles...)

• Members

There's a certain cult of personality which circles around certain writers or producers - it becomes about them, and how awesome they are supposed to be, and their actual work is an afterthought. This first started with JFP and I remember it being a big thing in the soap magazines when Guza returned to GH in late 1997. The most recent incarnations have been Sheffer at all his soaps, RC, and MAB in the days when seemingly every soap blog or publication had interviews kissing her a$$ and indulging her in shocking quotes like Bill Bell sitting on her shoulder.

• Members

It helped too that he burst into Heaven to find Vicki--Ford burst through to see... Luna. Who he has zero connection to, and Cole whose only connection with was the Hannah mess.

Gabrielle doing her dance seduction was kinda weird, but I didn't really mind. It made sense to me that she was the one who seemed the most keen on trying to get her dead Llanview person to stay, even though she wasn't all bad and accepted it when he didn't in the end.

• Members

There's some sort of accepted belief among the majority of soap bloggers that RC is *brilliant* and to genuinely complain about sometbhing he does is to harm the the most "groundbreaking" soap still on the air or something. I don't really get it--you can like a man's work and still be ok with questioning some of his work or even insulting it.

• Members

Probably. I just skipped most of his scenes before. It's just so self-conscious and you never can connect to the characters. I think that hollowness is very distracting, you see the strings too much (like the "clever" writing in Clint and Viki collapsing next to each other). Moments like the unspoken connection between Viki and Megan and the "you look beautiful" conversation are much better and more believable.

• Members

Ha, ok then ;) Cuz it'll probably keep up till Friday.

A lot of RC's cleverer stuf that has gotten him a lo of praise, I admit, has seemed too clever by half to me as well, more oftne than not. It's like you say--when you see the strings it draws you out (Ron hasn't helped lately with his crazy tweets, like last week when he was tweeting making sure that people got the reference to Elvis Costello's Allison, etc).

Archived