Jill Farren Phelps OUT, Frank Valentini IN, Ron Carlivati IN

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's NOT pointless and it's NOT ridiculous and it's NOT too late to make these changes.

If these are the last months of GH, why shouldn't they be better than what we've been getting??? I'll take these changes gladly, because GW's writing has been even WORSE than Guza's. I complained before, but GW is dour, dank, sour, depressing, slow, and B-O-R-I-N-G.

Other soaps had actors who held on, who wanted to be there, who tried to rally fans to save the soap. On GH, actors seem to be DESERTING the place.

GH has been God-Awful for Wolf's entire "tenure" except for a few episodes. If they got rid of him and JFP, hallelujah.

• Members

All things considering, I think this is the best thing that can happen to GH. You can basically start fresh and retool this show with (IMO) a wonderful combination in Valentini as EP and Carlivati as head writer. Anyone who's watched OLTL over the past few months knows what a tremendous job the both of them have done despite the fact the show was unjustifiably cancelled. To me, this is a last ditch attempt to get this show back where it belongs. And

Hoping The Revolting-Revolution sputters out of the gate next year - NOTHING would make me happier than moving GH up to 2pm slot and squeezing it in the middle of that atrocious daytime line-up w/ Wannabe Oprah and the Spew gang.

• Members

The Chew wasn't doing that well before the holiday season kicked in, was it? I know it's cheaper though, so we'll have to see how things shake out. I wouldn't bet so much as a dollar on GH's survival, I'm just saying I think there is the smallest chance if one of these other shows truly and utterly fails.

Archived