Jill Farren Phelps OUT, Frank Valentini IN, Ron Carlivati IN

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Generally JFP seems to favor one older actress existing on the show, but with GH, she didn't seem to care for any of them. I think that may happen again at Y&R if she joins up. I do wonder how she'd deal with actors like Stafford.

• Members

The only way I ever see JFP at Y&R is if CBS, like ABC, wants out of soaps. JFP is good at killing soaps. But that is all. The only soap that did not apply to is Santa Barbara. But that was her first soap, and she is past burnt out now.

• Members

If this is true... wow, I am not a conspiracy theorist by nature, but my mind can't help but go to this idea that Prospect Park and ABC were working closer together than assumed and FV had a contractual insurance policy if TOLN sank. Okay, maybe not. But the writing seems to be on the wall. FV almost certainly comes at a cheaper price than JFP, GH's days are numbered with Katie strolling down the pike, FV is lauded for always having his show under budget, RC was already set to write over at GH, the FV/RC dream team could sail GH into its sunset coming under budget and fracking up the show just awful enough that cancellation seems like a no brainer mercy killing come that time... I don't mean to sound all jaded, but again, if this is true, there is something icky about it.

Archived