Jill Farren Phelps OUT, Frank Valentini IN, Ron Carlivati IN

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OMG FINALLY after 14 years at ABC daytime the bitch is dead. Honestly JFP has had brilliant runs ala GL but man her OLTL run made me want to scream. Honestly her GH run was vastly different then OLTL. OLTL she was much more hands on, she wasn't a figurehead and she even assumed the head writer position for a year. She brought demos/ratings up and was awarded GH. GH it was Guza's show and she was much more restrained yes woman. OMG JFP at Y&R I am scared to think that cause if she goes there the show will be in a whole heap of trouble. Frank is cheaper then Jill. Frank has been in biz for 25 years but has only been executive producer for 9. JFP has 33 years in the industry. She has executive produced SB, GL, AW, OLTL and GH. Thank god the BITCH IS GONE. Everyone has always said JFP of any executive producer can be the BIGGEST BITCH YOU EVER ENCOUNTERED. Has anyone heard JFP can be the biggest total bitch EP in daytime history? She can be downright nasty.

• Members

Hard for me to understand why ANYONE would want to see JFP at Y&R.

She should've been dumped from GH frickin YEARS ago, and this move is long past due. It's probably too late to save GH, but I don't think ABC would make this move at all if there wasn't at least some hope for GH on the schedule.

• Members

I dont think ABC is keeping GH. At least Frank/Ron can give it a good six month farewell. Honestly the Revolution would have tank BAD for them to even consider it. The Chew beatign AMC viewers numbers and GH last week its doomsday but at least they will get an ending. OMG JFP at Y&R really frightens me because when she is not a FIGUREHEAD AND a loose cannon like she was at OLTL then its all JFP VISION. I am sure Kale Browne will be Nikki's new love interest and all the women will get haircuts like Jill. During JFP's reign at OLTL all the women got short haircuts. I always thought Viki/Ben was mirrored after Jill's type of fantasy being in the bar meeting Ben LOL.

• Members

Since the trainwreck of the 2005 GH Emmy win was already posted, it is my duty to post the other two.

"AS I WAS SAYING!" (2006)

"Well, this was expected!" (2008):

I speak as someone who has only seen GH on YouTube clips (old and new), and old SoapNet episodes (via old marathons), and who knows the history largely from the GH book/SOD/fansites/here, but from everything I've heard about her tenure throughout the years, I have to say--this may be too little, too late, but I'm happy for GH fans that at least the show won't end with her at the helm. And that is most certainly a silver lining.

Archived