Jill Farren Phelps OUT, Frank Valentini IN, Ron Carlivati IN

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

has it been confirmed if wolf and altman are out entirely or is ron coming aboard as a co-head? with frons, guza and phelps gone im kinda excited to see what becomes of GH! i mean, this is a massive overhaul. could go good? could go bad? to be cont........

• Members

JFP, like so many of her peers and bosses in Daytime, got drunk on power and completely lost sight of the fact that she had to produce a show for the audience, not her friends (including Frons who was a friend from back in their NBC/Santa Barbara days -- she helped him get the ABCD position). I wonder if she ever connected with the idea of having viewers other than via abstract concepts like demos? Certainly she didn't give a sh!t about what the viewers wanted to watch until it came time to fire some hapless, pregnant actress. Only then she would trot out the "focus groups."

I still laugh about the way she has tried to install Kale Browne in ome capacity or another on "her" shows since AW ended. laugh.png

• Members

I know there's always a debate over Skye on GH but I have to tell you I loved her from day 1. I wish she had stayed a Chandler, because that's how we all got to know her. But I loved her chemistry with the Q's. And RC is such a delight to watch. She plays every beat with 100% effort. And since she obviously, for whatever reason, didn't want to go to AMC again, I am definitely glad she went to GH.

• Members

I think she did a decent enough job when they actually wrote for her (her last returns have mostly been about a cash machine, presumably) it's just at the time she and Rae felt like they were shoved very violently into the Quartermaine dynamic. Now, there is no Quartermaine dynamic, so it doesn't really matter.

Archived