Jill Farren Phelps OUT, Frank Valentini IN, Ron Carlivati IN

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Because it guarnatees probably roughly a year's work anyway, and jobs that pay as much as even fairly cheap EP and HW positions are NOT easy to find. Ron Carlivati is a writer--he can write some plays and shop them around and maybe make something close to a year HW salary if he happens to either write a play that is optioned for a major film or has one of the increasingly rare modern, non musical BROADWAY (not off Broadway) hits, or he could wait years shopping around some ideas for a primetime pilot, or accept a lesser paying job working on a primetime show as a staff writer if he happened to be chose by that team. I can't resent or be surprised at these people wanting the job even if it's not likely to last.

Yes I'm a Sondheim geek but it always kinda bowls me over how little Pat Elliott is given to do when she's Broadway royalty, remembered for one of the best reviewed and most awarded 1970s musical theatre roles *ever* in A Little Night Music. Of course a lot of major Broadway stars have had nothing more than cameos on soaps, so I guess it doesn't mean much.

I can't tell if you're joking or not... This was a big return? (as much as I love her...)

• Members

For real! Asking why anyone would take this job is like asking why someone would want a million dollars (which I'm going to guess is in the neighborhood of their salary). Why on earth wouldn't they? I felt the same way about the actors who moved with AMC. They did it because they wanted to make their relatively high salary for another year. It's not like these high paying jobs in entertainment grow are a dime a dozen.

• Members

I doubt there will be any major cast additions (unless the hypothetical OLTL transfers want to do recurring). I could be wrong, but the signs of this show's limited budget are showing. For instance, Sonny and Kate's Great NYC Adventure all taking place in their hotel suite? One day lasting forever? Long, drawn out Two-Person scenes... Monday's episode featuring only 10 characters?

Archived