Jill Farren Phelps OUT, Frank Valentini IN, Ron Carlivati IN

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh she's a show Killa, its no question but I'm still wondering how much power she had with Guza for some reason I just think even though they are all BFFs she could'n't do much w/Guza. There is a whole lot of wrong w/Jill frankly IMO she's burnt out and need to go to prime time or wherever she wants to go. I just don't feel her love of soap opera....I just don't get a misogynist woman and IMO she is.

• Members

Do you guys have any casting predictions? people you think may walk, be let go, be replaced? OLTL actors or characters who may crossover? How do you feel about that?

Mark Lawson is the first name that comes to mind in terms of a OLTL actor who appears to be a good fit for GH in terms of tone. I could even see him playing Nikolas, though he isn't quite dark enough, physically. I'm sure he wouldn't be given the chance, but Eddie Alderson would also do well if given a chance like young Jonathan Jackson had. Florencia wouldn't leave New York, but I also see her fitting in as yet another professional woman-come-paramour for Sonny.

Years ago, Robin Strasser came very close to assuming the role of Tracy. She'll be in L.A., it would be nice if they gave her something similar to what they gave Beverlee McKinsey.

• Members

Yes Frank Valintini likes his shirtless actors. Who can forget two summers ago when both Ford and David Vickers showed up at the countryclub in the same 4th of july speedos. That is one thing about him taking over GH, Steve Burton might actually take off his shirt now and then. and maybe we'll get more attractive looking men around. No offence to Patrick Drake because he's not bad.

I consider Jill's tenure on OLTL both for better and worst. When she came on the show, Viki was bascially in the background. she had stories at the banner but she didn't have much of a personal life except for Clint purring all over her. Jill brought her the new storyline with Ben and crossroads. that was fun but she's very much into mob stories (obviously if you watch GH) and she really didn't do any good for Viki and Ben's love story when one of them was kidnapped all the time. and if you remember she brought all of her favorite Another World actors to OLTL. Some for better..Sam Rapport....and some for worst...Rae Cummings. the Nora Lindsey feud was probably her best work during her years on the show. That and Viki's breast cancer.

• Members

What I want to know is why in the world Frank Valentini and Ron Carlivati want the jobs of EP and HW. Why would you sign on for a job knowing you will be out of work in less than 1 year instead of trying to get a job in primetime/film/theatre/etc.?

• Members

I agree and I :wub: Stuart. She was my favorite AW diva BY FAR. I just think Wyndham would be fun to watch, much in the way that you said.

That's simply not true. People forget who she played heavily on OLTL: Nora, Sam, Bo, Lindsay, Ben, Viki, Max, Blair, Asa, Renee. RENEE had a friggin story under JFP and it's the last really meaty stuff that Pat Elliott was given to play.

IMO, those GH decisions were mostly FRONS decisions (axing the Quartermaines, no Bobbie, no Laura, no Monica, etc....) not JILL decisions.

And that's a CRIME! Elliott rocked that material and IMO could act circles around Erika Slezak.

• Members

A bird in the hand... a year or so of steady income is a helluva lot better than nothing. They are soap *names*, for better or worse, names that don't carry any cache (yet?) in primetime, film, nor theatre for that matter, and I don't think either of them could give a hoot about theatuh careers .

• Members

I don't expect a lot of OLTL actors to show up. That was the saddest part of the demise of AMC/OLTL for me, expecting that I wouldn't see many of those faces again. At least with ATWT/GL, there were still 6 other soaps for the actors to get parts on.

I'm guessing the budget issues will restrict any of the major OLTL people from coming over. Plus if the idea is to wrap things up (and sadly I do believe that, even though I want to hope otherwise) I doubt there will be a ton of new characters introduced.

• Members

I wonder if JPL may think he has more of a shot at primetime.

RC had his favorites at OLTL, but they aren't likely to go to the West Coast for a dying soap.

If there are any non-acting brunettes with killer abs and an inability to close their mouth, they will probably be hired.

I do wonder if they may bring Kristen Alderson in for a role, since she's moving to the West Coast anyway. Maybe she will be the new Brook Lyn.

• Members

I have nothing against KA, but I find it hard to imagine her playing another character anything unlike how she played Starr. I would keep her, NR, KM, DAG, JPL, and FF away from GH. Honestly, it's the actors like EA and the kid who plays Shane who most remind me of GH youth.

Archived