Jill Farren Phelps OUT, Frank Valentini IN, Ron Carlivati IN

• Members

I could care less what the actors think of the EP. Tony Geary loves JFP but despises Wendy Riche. JFP lets TG have his twisted, warped version of Luke Spencer while Riche made TG tow the line with Labine's version and looked out for the overall health of the show. Who's the better producer? The one that is loved by an actor or the one that produces a better show? It's a no-brainer for me.

ITA. That's the bottom line for me as well. As a viewer (and customer), I only care about the end product. That's what the EP is paid to do: deliver a good product. I personally don't care how they do it - just that they do it. End of story.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"Twisted" and "warped" are exactly how I'd describe TG's vision of Luke. I can respect an actor who wants his character to remain true to his basic nature, but I don't think even Doug Marland and Gloria Monty envisioned that version of Luke, and they created the s.o.b.!

• Members

I just had an Oprah Aha! moment with your post. :lol:

Yeah, sometimes I get tied up in what's going on BTS on soaps that I lose sight of the most important thing (and I suspect this is what TIIC at GH and other soaps have done, too): that it doesn't matter who hates who and who doesn't want to work with who and which exec wants which starlet to be on the frontburner, be damned the consequences... it is what WE the audience want to watch that is the most important thing. We are ahead of the curve, we can accept new and different and challenging material as long as it entertains us.

Take that and your "training the audience" mantra, Frons.

• Members

JFP has always been one of the most misogynistic EPs in daytime.

Her promoting the occasional wish-fulfillment May/December romance for a female vet does not change the fact that the women who do not get those stories on her shows are the women utterly destroyed, or often killed off.

• Members

She was burned by JFP bringing her to GL and giving her a lot of crap. I don't know if they had any real falling out as I'm not sure they were ever as close as JFP and A Martinez are, but it's an example of some FOJs who move on.

• Members

That is definitely interesting, especially given that some women like Robin Christopher clearly still like and/or respect her. Ditto actresses like Laura Wright and Lisa LoCicero.

I wonder if the lawsuit P&G threw at Jensen Buchanan turned Jensen against her, too? Has she even acted since leaving GH at all, for that matter?

• Members

Perhaps this is unfair to everyone who isn't Robin Christopher, Kale Browne or some other FOJ, but one of the only redeeming qualities about her career is at least she took care of her friends. That's admirable. I don't think there is any doubt that RC's returns to GH the last couple of years were because JFP was her friend.

Archived