Jill Farren Phelps OUT, Frank Valentini IN, Ron Carlivati IN

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm quite saddened by this news. I always thought it was a forgone conclusion that JFP would be at GH til the end. She probably would have been had the Prospect Park deal gone through.

This, IMO, is the final nail in that travesty.

Either way, I've long thought that JFP was one of the best in the business when she is left to do what she does best : produce! I loved her tenures at SB, AW, and OLTL, and people often forget that JFP was the EP at GL during the Curlee/Demorest/Reilly/Taggart golden years. GL and GH are two soaps I've never really gotten into, though I did watch some of her tenure at each.

Either way, speaking as a fan of JFP and JFP in this industry, she will be missed. And frankly, I'd be THRILLED to see her at DAYS or Y&R and think both would be better for it. Sadly, there was a time that I wouldn't have wanted her near Y&R and I'm a fan! But that time has long since passed.

Absolutely. Like her or not, JFP IS a daytime legend. For better or worse.

She also played Vicky Wyndham heavily at AW and I imagine Vicky & Jess to be quite similar BTS. In fact, if Jess were to ever take ill, I'd LOVE to see what Wyndham would do pinch hitting for her, much like it's been fun for me to watch Michael Learned take over for Cooper.

• Members

They have to be his stories, he has been at GH for months. Rather, they have to be his episodes because for the most part there are no stories. Lulu and Dante are on constantly...you got me what their story is that warrants so much airtime. Sam and Jason's honeymoon lasted over a month, front burner, and yet no story to be found in a single scene. Conversely, Wyndemere seems to have two stories lurking inside its walls, but GH refuses to let us see it.

• Members

If she came to DOOL it would be the end of Maggie, Victor, Stefano and Kate---probably in any capacity whatsoever. She finds people over 40 gross, which is interesting because from the looks of her she hasn't seen her 30s in many a moon. She would probably mandate that a serial killer slash Lexie's throat.

• Members

JPF tends to focus on one or two older characters, mostly if they fit an image she can connect to (Felicia on AW, Nora on OLTL, Vanessa on GL).

The one thing her GL and GH runs have in common is a very slow death. 1994 was one long coma for GL, and generally GH has been the same way.

• Members

I don't even really watch GH so I'm not all that invested in this decision, but I do wonder about these gentlemen's artistic tastes (that would be manifest in any project they worked on), and their ability to have an unique vision for a show in particular. It's perhaps unfair to jump to the conclusion that they'll

974gur.jpg

all over Port Charles. I mean, Rauch's AW was not his OLTL, though his GL certainly had things in common with the latter. OLTL is the only soap these two have ever worked on, right? It's all they know and I wonder if they'll "write into" their idea of what GH is, or if they'll feel the need to put their stamp on it right off the bat, et cetera.

Archived