Jill Farren Phelps OUT, Frank Valentini IN, Ron Carlivati IN

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't doubt it's cheaper, I just wonder if that's going to be enough, especially if this ends up being their peak. All the ingredients (no pun intended) were there for this show to be a hit. Something else will get the same ratings for less cost.

• Members

That makes her sound like a noble fighter. I guess she must be well-respected in the industry, even if she has some bad moments.

I continue to be amused at the idea of "movie star" (AKA B or C list actor who had a part in one big franchise) Franco being any kind of real coup.

Weren't there rumors for years about GH being overbudget?

• Members

I think most of them are probably going to base their decision on whether they want to stay on a dying soap. Some may want the money to the end, others may want out early to try other options. It will be interesting to see what NLG says.

• Members

Everyone who works for ABC Daytime (producers, writers, actors, crew etc) are ABC employees and their contracts are with ABC-Disney. Regardless of the length of their deals, there will be out clauses in them to the benefit of both parties. Valentini is likely working on a short term deal with GH, same for Carlivati.

Archived