Jill Farren Phelps OUT, Frank Valentini IN, Ron Carlivati IN

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Ron was a fan of a very limited range of the show - if he adored it I don't know if he would have done some of the stuff he did which trashed important stories and characters (like the rapemance).

There was always a lot of darkness in his OLTL, under the LAUGH NOW mentality. I guess we may see more of that (if he takes over as headwriter), although I'd love if they bring Ron Hale back and have him meet up with Roxy and leave happily ever after. I'd also love if Steve Burton has to spend the rest of his time on GH talking to a stuffed porcupine.

• Members

The Chew is kind of a special case. It's full of very popular food personalities who have all kinds of connections to even more popular personalities like Paula Deen. They spent month after month pushing this show everywhere. So has ABC - constant promos everywhere. I was surprised that it was as low as it was early on. This show has had everything going for it.

• Members

I wonder what Tony Geary will have to say. He loved Guza's writing and GW seemed to continue in that vein for Luke. I don't know what RC would write for him. I'm guessing a lot of comedy capers. Since the show is ending anyway, most likely, Geary will probably stick it out, but I wonder if we'll get any angry interviews.

It will be interesting to see if there's any effect on ratings. OLTL's ratings were all over the place in the last year. I think so many have abandoned GH (understandably), even if RC and FV were incredibly brilliant and made Monty and Marland seem like amateurs, it wouldn't help.

• Members

Oh, Tony Geary will piss and moan. But he wanted married Luke [!@#$%^&*] hookers on the side and the murder of Jake. So I don't care what he wants. I will enjoy the massive butthurt from all GH's entrenched airhogs. This show is dead next year and has been dead a long time. Killing off Robin Scorpio would be unthinkable to a regime other than the long-running JFP-Guza institution. I'm just glad some OLTL personnel have jobs.

Archived