Classic AMC/OLTL

• Members

I didn't realize David was on the show so late into 2006. Those scenes with Dixie about her baby were so horribly melodramatic ("Why don't you take a knife and kill me now!!!") but Cady and Vincent always had such a spark together - not romantic but as strong characters. It's weird to think that now David brought her back from the dead a few months after this.

I didn't know about that story with Colby accusing Josh of seducing her (the part where she said he called her "Babe" cracked me up). When he had sex with Dani, was she underage? Was it the other Josh? Did he give her an STD or am I confusing that with Y&R?

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Argh, my DVD recorder missed last nights airing. Well I did. I forgot to reconnect a wire that I had disconnected. I'm trying to get as much of the repeats on DVD as I can. Everything I have prior to 2011 is on tape which I'm going to transfer to DVD eventually. This will spare me some time.

When did you start watching?

It was the other Josh and I do believe Dani was underage. I'm pretty sure Dani did not get an STD. Amanda is the only AMC character I remember getting an STD is the last decade.

• Members

I missed most of the 00s starting around 2004-2005, aside from a few episodes here and there. I watched before that though...

Thanks. I was waiting for them to say more about Dani but I think Adam did mention her obliquely.

This is also the first time I saw Erin (aside from the Youtube clip where she was found dead). She didn't seem that bad to me, although I guess the show already had enough women in that age range.

• Members

Funny, I didn't see the comments you all were making here on the subject, but I was just watching the clip below as it was linked to the Laura funeral clips in the tribute thread. I couldn't stop sniggling and shaking my head, I was just so tickled by the old over-the-top Erica and I really miss that feeling... thats what made her, that's how she got so damned popular. She was a hoot. I think outside pressure from critics of her childishness and Susan Lucci's acting really brought about the change. It was more than writing and making her more mature, the overall tone of the character changed.

• Members

I liked Eric, but there was honestly no real use for her. The Dani/Josh stuff was quickly forgotten--it was the first Josh, who I didn't think was a bad actor so was surprised when they recast him (though I prefered Colin)--especially since AMC had recently had such awful actors as the new Del and Carlos who were never recast.

I agree. I do think Broderick tried, in her brief time, to bridge the two Ericas. It's funny, I have a friend who's only been watching for the past two years, and he complained over and over that Broderick was making Erica too immature--I thought it was just right.

• Members

I watched about half of yesterday's "classic" episode before deleting it, mostly because the David/Dixie/Tad stuff was so overwrought and I couldn't take any more of Ryan going on about princesses (I kept waiting for the Disney plug). I could finally see why the camera work annoyed fans so much. The scene where the camera focused on Babe's and Krystal's shoes as they walked-ran into the living room was WTF.

• Members

Her hair is superlong there, I wondered if it was extensions at first.

This is random, but there is some recognizable dialogue here. Erica says, "How could he be taken in by that woman? And you..." On the All About Erica VHS, there's a scene with Erica and Brooke and Erica says, "And Jack... How could he be taken in by the likes of you, I mean you have always been such a-a loser!" *SLAP!*

• Members

I could go years without liking Erica due to how all-about-me she was. I don't miss that feeling because when I say I could go years without liking her, I would do other stuff during her scenes like change the channel. It's endearing only for so long. I think it was genius to add the Kendall element both for the karma of Erica getting a taste of her own medicine form a child of hers and the depth it added to the explanation about why she's so Erica Kane. I do think at times they do write Erica too mature but I think that comes from there not being enough of her legendery enemies left in town and because of the general toning down of the bitch quotient on the show.

I really wish somebody was listening or hearing when it's mentioned that the women on this show need to get their bitch back.

I don't want Erica to be the woman I saw the last week of AMC nor do I want her to be a candidate for mother of the year, so something more in the middle.

Did you just stop waching or did circumstances get in the way?

• Members

Those Kendall/Josh/Bianca scenes near the end of the week were such a glaring example of the lost potential with these characters. They were so believable as siblings, although I could see why so many felt that the writing made Bianca/Kendall seem a little too close ("give me some loving", "the love of my life," et al).

It sucks that they never let Kendall have any relationship with a brother for a longer period of time. Trey and Kendall had such lost potential too.

• Members

How long until SOAPnet ends?! I am truly wondering because I'm really loving watching these old AMC & GH eps. Makes me sad this network is ending because as bad as most of it was, I still want to relive this period of AMC again.

I could marry this post! ICAM Carl, I thought they all (plus Erica) had infinite potential. So much could've been done. I loved those Josh/Bianca scenes on the Fusion rooftop. And Josh and Kendall had a really special bond that was established and never really touched upon that much soon after. When Josh died I loved when he talked about how much he loved Kendall. WHY did Pratt have to kill him off?! I will never stop wondering what could've been if Josh hadn't died e8099.gif

Also agreed about Trey/Kendall. I think it would be so wise if they brought him back if AM/Kendall stays with the show online. A S/L involving Kendall, Trey, and David could be so damn good...

• Members

Bianca and Kendall were the couple that got me back into All My Children back in the 2002-2003 era. I do get the "one of the cosmic loves of me lives" comments because they practically re-conceived Miranda out of love in those abortion clinic scenes but, yeah, they definitely got more romantic writing than any of Bianca's real gay relationships. The baby shower. It was like everybody else disappeared as they continously declared their love for each other (starts around 6 minute mark):

Them on a bench with Kendall's head on Bianca's lap as a Melissa Ethridge song plays, lol. I could go on and on. I often forget how much I enjoyed their connection due to the whole baby thing that Pratt did.

I agree. Maybe in 2.0.

I'm enjoying the repeats for the most part but they are making me snerk when I think of future AMC. David delighting in being thought of as a god to the little people, Bianca pondering how extreme Zach goes for chicks in need, Josh's cold-blooded murderer comments about Zach.

Archived